Sponsored

BAKflip Tonneau Problems

BobcatBruno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
I have a BAKflip Revolver X4s tonneau cover. It’s about a year old and the Jeep is in the garage when not being driven. The cover has started to come apart and it won’t lay flat? Has anyone had a similar issue and how did BAKflip handle it? I’m going to contact them today to see what they say.

I’ve had several of these on different trucks and this is the first one I’ve had an issue with.

Jeep Gladiator BAKflip Tonneau Problems 6DD5EB5D-6BC5-4EB9-B655-4E9682A31192
Sponsored

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
That's odd! I would suggest retrying the steps on the install process below and see if that helps. It looks like it's out of adjustment and is being forcefully pushed up by the tailgate.

Definitely reach out to Bak Flip with this photo if that doesn't fix it and I'm pretty positive they'll get a new cover out to you. This definitely shouldn't happen, especially to a garaged vehicle.
Jeep Gladiator BAKflip Tonneau Problems httpsbakindustries.comimagesimgsInstallation_Guidesrevolver-x4-installation-guide_9-2017.pdf

OP
OP
BobcatBruno

BobcatBruno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's odd! I would suggest retrying the steps on the install process below and see if that helps. It looks like it's out of adjustment and is being forcefully pushed up by the tailgate.

Definitely reach out to Bak Flip with this photo if that doesn't fix it and I'm pretty positive they'll get a new cover out to you. This definitely shouldn't happen, especially to a garaged vehicle.
Jeep Gladiator BAKflip Tonneau Problems httpsbakindustries.comimagesimgsInstallation_Guidesrevolver-x4-installation-guide_9-2017.pdf
Thanks! I reached out to them and they are sending me a new top. The cover actually came apart at the hinges. I was able to snap it back together in one spot but it just comes out the next time you roll it up. I was surprised how easy it was to work with BAK on the replacement.

AzGladius

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave JT
Occupation
Electronics and stuff
Their CS is really good, the MX4 I bought had rail seals that looked like a drunk applied them, within a week and a half I had a new set on my doorstep.

OP
OP
BobcatBruno

BobcatBruno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Their CS is really good, the MX4 I bought had rail seals that looked like a drunk applied them, within a week and a half I had a new set on my doorstep.
Awesome. That was my experience as well. I was kind of worried because I bought it from a dealer, but they didn’t give me any hassle. Hopefully I get the new cover in a week or two.

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
what does the underside look like? is there anything in the tracks blocking it from sitting flush like a bulge or dent?

OP
OP
BobcatBruno

BobcatBruno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
what does the underside look like? is there anything in the tracks blocking it from sitting flush like a bulge or dent?
No, it’s clean. It’s come apart at the seams (literally). I’ll post a picture of what it looks like. I’m able to snap it back in place but then it just comes apart the next time I roll it up.

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
Thanks! I reached out to them and they are sending me a new top. The cover actually came apart at the hinges. I was able to snap it back together in one spot but it just comes out the next time you roll it up. I was surprised how easy it was to work with BAK on the replacement.
Sounds like their CS is much better than their quality control.

Gobi1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
good to know - this comment might prompt me to order now