First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Subaru Forester
Occupation
Admin
Who's using what for their ball mount and ball for their Overlands with the Tow Package? I'll be towing a 5'x8' Uhaul cargo trailer at the end of June and then something like this, https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/travel-trailers/rockwood-geo-pro/G20BHS/5139, in a couple years. Should I just get the Mopar stuff, or is there something else I should consider? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

KVJ

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S W/Max Tow
Are you talking about this?
Jeep Gladiator Ball Mount and Ball for Overland with Tow Package 95da4e7f-16b2-4474-8804-efd25c4c4264.aa3fc02a6ff131a8998304de2dd8a940

Trailer Hitch Insert, 2" Drop Ball Mount - 6,000 lb. GTW

OP
OP
DiabolicalDianoga

DiabolicalDianoga

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Admin
Yes, that is what I'm talking about.

OP
OP
DiabolicalDianoga

DiabolicalDianoga

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Admin

Sponsored

KVJ

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S W/Max Tow
The Gennyhitch is interesting. (not cheap) Five year warranty on moving parts. That would be the rubber torsion pieces. I have a torsion axle on one of my trailers and they seem to last about 20 years before saging.
The ball and adaptor I posted is for 2" drop, you would half to figure how much drop you would need for your setup and you would probably need a weight distribution hitch based on the weight of the trailer you are looking at. Wait till you negotiate with the trailer dealer and see what he can set you up with, he will make sure your pulling level.

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
OP
OP
DiabolicalDianoga

DiabolicalDianoga

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Admin
The Gennyhitch is interesting. (not cheap) Five year warranty on moving parts. That would be the rubber torsion pieces. I have a torsion axle on one of my trailers and they seem to last about 20 years before saging.
The ball and adaptor I posted is for 2" drop, you would half to figure how much drop you would need for your setup and you would probably need a weight distribution hitch based on the weight of the trailer you are looking at. Wait till you negotiate with the trailer dealer and see what he can set you up with, he will make sure your pulling level.
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. As much as I want a camper, it's going to have to wait a couple years probably. Next year at the earliest. For now, it's probably just going to be a uhaul trailer here and there.

OP
OP
DiabolicalDianoga

DiabolicalDianoga

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Admin
Also, forgot to add in the orginal post I'm just running stock right now with the all seasons.

KVJ

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S W/Max Tow

Sponsored

OP
OP
DiabolicalDianoga

DiabolicalDianoga

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Admin
Talked with my dad who tows a lot and heavy often, think I'm just gonna grab a mount and ball at the Uhaul place when I go to rent the trailer. I'll get a more specialized set up when I finally get around to buying a camper. Thanks for the advice though gang.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I would get something with adjustable height. My Rubicon sags some, and when I had 6kLBs on the back of it I needed to set it to a different level then something like 3K. The overlands sag even worse. In order to keep level with anything you might tow I would go adjustable for sure.
Sponsored