First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD , 2021 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Mobile Dewatering
Great day all, I just picked up my JTDR on Friday but had purchased the banks upgrades while waiting for delivery. My question is this, should I have a break in period before installing this. I am wanting to do everything I can to increase motor longevity. I even took a bottle of diesel max fuel conditioner to the dealership when I picked it up! Any thoughts will be appreciated.
Sponsored

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
You can put it in right now. Mines been on since 1000 miles or so.

That said if you run it on level 6 on a hot day up steep hills the EGT's will approach 1500 quickly and your oil temps will skyrocket.

If its above 85 degrees out and your climbing grades put it to stock on the idash.

It essentially "spools" up the motor quicker and gives you a low to mid range boost for a short period of time "passing power" essentially. Its not a substitute for a proper tune. Just watch oil temprature and EGT and set your warning at 1400 EGT so you know when your "pushing it".

OP
OP

Nomad169

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD , 2021 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Mobile Dewatering
Thank you for that. I was going to install on Monday but chickened out with only 150 miles.

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good luck be careful with the clips work on the engine cold lay a towel over it and reach in behind for the fuel rail map sensors. I used a long skinny screwdriver to "hit" the tab to release the connectors. Otherwise your pulling the intake tube and all that. Big no from me.

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
also toss the engine cover and remove the foam blocks. Any little thing you can do to keep parts from heat soaking helps. Plus it lets you monitor the engine for leaks and oddness.

Sponsored

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
all i can provide is antidotal. My jeep hasn't de rated since removal. I did get de rate on a quick lunch stop after a long highway run in 110 temps before i removed all the stuff. Which is what got me looking into simple solutions.

I have since been in a few 110 deg days and it's been fine. My thinking is that stuff is mostly cosmetic and a little sound damping, removing it all didn't really change the sound level of the motor, but offered more potential benefits removing then keeping.

gecko_rubi

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘81 CJ-5, ‘05 LJ, ‘21 JTRD
Occupation
Architect
also toss the engine cover and remove the foam blocks. Any little thing you can do to keep parts from heat soaking helps. Plus it lets you monitor the engine for leaks and oddness.
Foam blocks? Are these around the cover? Sorry not infront of the jeep right now but don’t remember seeing these (unless I missed them).

Will be installing mine this weekend as well.

gecko_rubi

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘81 CJ-5, ‘05 LJ, ‘21 JTRD
Occupation
Architect
I did pull off the cover and noticed I was running maybe 5-6 degrees cooler than I do on my typical work drive.

What pages are you guys displaying on your iDash to monitor temps?Just installed and haven’t played with it too much yet.

Sponsored

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did pull off the cover and noticed I was running maybe 5-6 degrees cooler than I do on my typical work drive.

What pages are you guys displaying on your iDash to monitor temps?Just installed and haven’t played with it too much yet.
I run the multi gauge one then go to the right and select each gauge.

I use Turbine inlet temp, Manifold air temprature, engine oil temprature, boost, rpm, DPF SL, and regen.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Got my Idash gauge and Pedal Monster installed. Tried installing the Derringer. Gave up for the time being. The brown plug on the sensor on the fuel rail is position facing down. Can't get to it to release the locking tab on it. I'll try another day. I have the Pedal Monster set to "SPORT 1". This really helped out with the response of the loud pedal.

Here's the pictures of my different screen faces.

IMG_4082.JPG

IMG_4083.JPG

IMG_4084.JPG

IMG_4085.JPG

IMG_4086.JPG

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got my Idash gauge and Pedal Monster installed. Tried installing the Derringer. Gave up for the time being. The brown plug on the sensor on the fuel rail is position facing down. Can't get to it to release the locking tab on it. I'll try another day. I have the Pedal Monster set to "SPORT 1". This really helped out with the response of the loud pedal.

Here's the pictures of my different screen faces.

Jeep Gladiator Banks derringer and pedal monster IMG_4086.JPG

You can use a long skinny screwdriver to get the connector off. Push down and slide it off.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
You can use a long skinny screwdriver to get the connector off. Push down and slide it off.
Wish I could. The clip is facing down. I'm going to try again later this week.