First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Installed the Barnes Molle Bed Panels today. The panels are sold and shipped in raw steel. No paint, primer or powder coat. Spent several hours priming and painting in texture coat black. I was very impressed with the engineering, fit and strength of the panels. Install was made easy as everything lined up perfect. There is one mounting point where a second set of hands would be helpful. Very happy with the Barnes product. Now I get to determine the gear and configuration on the panels.

IMG_6751.JPG

IMG_6754.JPG

IMG_6758.JPG
Sponsored

cafecito

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Corporate Tool
Those look nice! How well did they take to the priming and painting? I've been eyeing the JCR panels like these, but there doesn't seem to be a ton of reason to choose one over the other.

Minor nitpick: I really wish companies would quit with the giant logos. The whole point of these panels is to be modular and configurable in any way you want it, but they ate up two of the panel holes closest to the tailgate (where you'd normally be) to let you know who made it. Stop taking up prime real estate for advertising people, come on! :(

OP
OP
mdyucca

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Yes marketing and product branding can get in the way of product usefulness. The primer and paint went on well. I used rust oleum primer and black texture paint. I cleaned up the panels with paint thinner before painting. If I could have found it I would have used self etching primer.
Sponsored