First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
retired
This is a brief review of the Bartact Mojave specific seat covers.
I needed something quick to cover the black cloth seats in my new Mojave. Between the dogs, one of which drools relentlessly while riding in the truck, and my clumsy ass friends dropping/spilling whatever was in their hands at he time, they (my seats) were going downhill fast. I was initially inclined to go with one of the neoprene covers, but it seems that nobody actually makes them to truly fit the Mojave with the enhanced bolsters. Even contacted Wet Okole and no dice. The Bartacts seem to have a lot of supporters on this site and they even sell a set supposedly just for the Mojave. $400 was about as much as I wanted to spend and even though they didn't really have the look I was after they seemed like the best option.
Ordered them thru Quadratec and received in a week or so. They don't come with any instructions but hey, they're just seat covers right? I did have to resort to Youtube in the end , mainly to see how you are supposed to handle the holes needed for the headrest posts. That is the hardest part of the install but figure on a couple hours or so if you are a first timer.
Here is the thing though - I have to wonder if anybody there has actually ever installed a set of these on a Mojave. The covers for the seat backs are pretty straight forward, other than the part about having to cut the holes for the head rest. The issue is the covers for the seat bottoms. You see on my Mojave with the cloth seats, there is a plastic backing on the seat back. At the bottom of said backing is a carpet like fabric flap that folds under the seat bottom and secures underneath by 2 elastic straps with hooks. Well the Bartact seat bottom covers call for you to push the back of the cover thru the gap (between the seat bottom and seat back) and then secure it to the lower end of the seat back cover where it is supposed to attach with velcro. Well, on my seats that isn't possible because of the aforementioned fabric flap which is part of the OEM seat cover system.
End result is the only thing securing the seat cover bottom in place is friction and the rear of the cover pushed into the gap between the seat back and seat bottom. Also, the bottom of the seat back cover now just hangs loose at the bottom because there is no way for it to attach to the velcro strip on the seat bottom.
I was kind of pissed when I first discovered this cause at $400 bucks these weren't exactly cheap and they seemed to have such a strong reputation for being a quality product. In the end I decided to just keep them as they do seem like they should be pretty durable. So far, the seat bottoms seem to be staying in position fine although the supposed custom fit for the Mojave bolsters is still questionable.
Anyways, just thought I'd put it out there as I know some guys are pretty particular when it comes to some of these things.
Sponsored

SoK66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport (3)
Occupation
Land Tours Manager, Jeep Tour Guide
I have Bartacts on my '09 JKUR. The fronts were installed a couple years before I got the rear set. Over the intervening period of time something must have happened with their production. While the fronts fit perfectly, the rears do not and the difference is obvious. You might contact them and see what they say.

Bantam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
It would be worth reaching out to Bartact to see what’s up. Certainly seems like an oversight for something model specific.
Also curious if you happened to have wound up with the wrong covers altogether - whether they left Bartact packaged incorrectly or Quadratec shipped the wrong one.
Sponsored