Base Sport is in transit

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Just spoke with Jeep and was told that my truck has been built and is now on a short train ride to Dixiana,SC. It then takes a short truck ride to my dealership in Charleston. Will post pictures of it once I take delivery of it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
After waiting a solid week for my truck to make a 2 hour drive to my dealership I just found out that Jeep just updated their system. My dealership just told me that Jeep now shows it due at the destination rail facility tomorrow. So I called Jeep to find out what the heck!! Lady from Jeep put me on hold for five minutes and came back telling me that it’s now “somewhere” in the state of South Carolina and that the eta to the destination rail facility is now “to be determined.” She could not explain why the Jeep system has been showing for the last week that it has been sitting at that destination rail facility. She also could not explain why someone else from Jeep told me a week ago that it just arrived at that destination rail facility. Really unbelievable, but really not surprised here. We have all seen the bad info provided by Jeep about so many different matters for this truck. I guess it will get to my dealership whenever it gets there. What a cluster!!!!! Send alcohol!

nlicalsi91

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara Tank Green
I am beyond eager to see the base Sport Gladiators. The fact that I can get Katzkin Mopar Leather seats from the factory that will show up in the window sticker is a game changer for sure!

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I will post pictures of mine whenever it finally shows up. Not holding my breath though.

I am beyond eager to see the base Sport Gladiators. The fact that I can get Katzkin Mopar Leather seats from the factory that will show up in the window sticker is a game changer for sure!

Sponsored

drBassman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator; 2005 VW Passat TDI; Previous: 1978 CJ5; 1997 TJ Sport.
I was excited for this, too until I found out you can have any color you want -- as long as it is black...I wanted the tan leather that is only available in the Overland & Rubicon...

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
2C3E2C2D-A2B6-4024-9B5F-FBAF8533BE09.jpeg
Reminds me of the old Plymouth Prowler when it first came out, in purple only! Now a lot of the younger folks here are gonna have to Google the Plymouth Prowler. Ok I show my age a tad. But hey it was a cool looking car, but only in purple for some years.

I was excited for this, too until I found out you can have any color you want -- as long as it is black...I wanted the tan leather that is only available in the Overland & Rubicon...

drBassman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Reminds me of the old Plymouth Prowler when it first came out, in purple only! Now a lot of the younger folks here are gonna have to Google the Plymouth Prowler. Ok I show my age a tad. But hey it was a cool looking car, but only in purple for some years.
I was in high school when that one came out -- lol.

Henry Ford allegedly said, "You can have any color you like, as long as it is black." about the Model T.

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Just spoke with Jeep and was told that my truck has been built and is now on a short train ride to Dixiana,SC. It then takes a short truck ride to my dealership in Charleston. Will post pictures of it once I take delivery of it.
Awesome - when did you place your order?

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Ordered on 8/9/19. Pretty fast from ordered to built, to “almost” at the dealership. I am only guessing that this is because it was a very easy build for Jeep, a base model truck with just 3 common options: hard top, rubber floor mats and a trailer hitch.

Awesome - when did you place your order?

Sponsored

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Hopefully its faster than the train ride to So Cal. Mine left the factory lot on May 19. I went to the dealer on June 15 and it was in transit so I put a down on it. It made it to the train yard in Los Angeles on Jun 28 and took over 17 days for them to ramp it. I got it on Jul 15.

nlicalsi91

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara Tank Green
Are you serious? I wanted mahogany leather in my Gator

drBassman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Ordered on 8/9/19. Pretty fast from ordered to built, to “almost” at the dealership. I am only guessing that this is because it was a very easy build for Jeep, a base model truck with just 3 common options: hard top, rubber floor mats and a trailer hitch.
Thats crazy fast! I ordered mine on 9/5/19! Hopefully we have the same luck as you with a quick build. Transit time is what it is, that stinks but I own a logistics company so I get it.
Sponsored