First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
170B0A89-9DBC-4D99-9EEE-33B781A473C3.jpeg
765036B2-33F3-4BCC-B90F-00DE9A1EAF3B.jpeg
For everyone’s info I just found out that Harold Ziegler Dodge Jeep in Plainwell,Mi just got in a base Sport model with manual windows, mirrors and locks. It’s Red, has a rag top, an automatic transmission, tow package and rubber floor mats and no other options.Their web site shows that it is in transit but it is there, just got there. See the attached. Oh and FYI the guy there told me that there’s a total of 8 Overland models within 300 miles of them all equipped with a manual transmission. Looks like Bigfoot does exist.
Sponsored

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
And that's the point where if I was still waiting for an LE, I would just go buy something different and wait for "the call"

Krazy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 310gs
Can you take the doors off without disconnecting any wires ? I can be lazy . I was starting to sway to the rubicon side of things but the idea of not making a monthly payment is starting to win me over, that and the extra payload capacity so I can bring my motorcycle and my family on the same trip is kind of nice.

Adawg1203

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
And that's the point where if I was still waiting for an LE, I would just go buy something different and wait for "the call"
Nope. The wait for the LE was worth it. I wanted a fully loaded JT and the LE gave me just that. I sacrificed no options.

Maybe my position was different than many other LE buyers, but once I placed the order there was no looking back.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Nope. The wait for the LE was worth it. I wanted a fully loaded JT and the LE gave me just that. I sacrificed no options.

Maybe my position was different than many other LE buyers, but once I placed the order there was no looking back.
But you have one, delivered right?

I personally would go full on vindictive asshole if FCA was loading car dealers with base model beaters and can't be troubled to deliver a vehicle I paid a premium + to get.

YMMV, I'm glad you like your LE

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Interesting. VIN checks out so it seems they are finally building and delivering base Sport models.

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
F6471C3E-25DD-4981-A902-4F62878344F0.jpeg
Not so certain about that. I am in South Carolina and a dealership in South Carolina told me the they have to order some stupid option package 23S to get a base Sport and when you do that it adds $2348 to the price and adds power windows, mirrors and locks. Means it really is no longer a base Sport model. I am guessing that this makes it a Sport S. And as you know on that build site it does not show that you can add any of these things to a base Sport model. He said that right now he is blocked from being able and order a base Sport model. He thinks that maybe this dealership managed to slip this order in before they blocked their ability to order base Sport trucks or that Jeep just built it as a spec truck and shipped it to that dealership so they could sell it. This was the one and only base Sport model showing in the entire USA. Rather mysterious to me.

Adawg1203

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE

I personally would go full on vindictive asshole if FCA was loading car dealers with base model beaters and can't be troubled to deliver a vehicle I paid a premium + to get.

On the bright side, for LE folks who have not taken delivery yet. Their vehicle is still exclusive and here isn't hundreds of thousands on the street . It will be the nicest model to hit a dealers lot even if other models came first. So while the wait is long, it's worth it in the end. But that is only my opinion.

Col C

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Can you take the doors off without disconnecting any wires ? I can be lazy . I was starting to sway to the rubicon side of things but the idea of not making a monthly payment is starting to win me over, that and the extra payload capacity so I can bring my motorcycle and my family on the same trip is kind of nice.
You have to disconnect the wires, but it is very easy (see excerpt from manual).

Gladiator Door Removal pic.jpg

MaximusDecimusMeridius

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Red LE, 2014 Sierra 6in lift, 2015 Ford Fusion

:mad:

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Yes even without power windows and power locks you still have other functions such as auto park and the door ajar chime so there will always be a wiring harness to disconnect.

I still can't figure out why a person would want a 4 door vehicle that requires you to literally reach around the B pillar every time you need to lock or unlock the rear doors.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I still can't figure out why a person would want a 4 door vehicle that requires you to literally reach around the B pillar every time you need to lock or unlock the rear doors.
First world problems I guess but not that far off from a time when having auto door lock/windows, automatic transmission and air conditioning was a highly optioned vehicle. Then again, a argument can be made everybody should be springing for Rubicons. The reality is there is a price point some buyers either by necessity or actual want, have a need for a base vehicle and the lack of amenities they bring to meet those price points.

Not that big of deal reaching around the B pillar to unlock a vehicle and if you have your rear seat passengers trained right to lock on exit, half the problem is solve. I nor my parents were mentally stunted having to do it growing up.

Cyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
F6471C3E-25DD-4981-A902-4F62878344F0.jpeg
Not so certain about that. I am in South Carolina and a dealership in South Carolina told me the they have to order some stupid option package 23S to get a base Sport and when you do that it adds $2348 to the price and adds power windows, mirrors and locks. Means it really is no longer a base Sport model. I am guessing that this makes it a Sport S. And as you know on that build site it does not show that you can add any of these things to a base Sport model. He said that right now he is blocked from being able and order a base Sport model. He thinks that maybe this dealership managed to slip this order in before they blocked their ability to order base Sport trucks or that Jeep just built it as a spec truck and shipped it to that dealership so they could sell it. This was the one and only base Sport model showing in the entire USA. Rather mysterious to me.
This would explain why my build sheet has it and I didn’t order it. Wondering if the dealer just ordered me a sport S model and claims to have ordered just the base sport. Will be interesting when it arrives and I look over the paperwork.

DenverGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ stock, manual, over-sized tires, soft top, half doors
This would explain why my build sheet has it and I didn’t order it. Wondering if the dealer just ordered me a sport S model and claims to have ordered just the base sport. Will be interesting when it arrives and I look over the paperwork.
More than likely you ordered a Sport S, that is the Package 23S. I tried ordering a Base Sport in May, and only option was the roughly $3k which made it a Sport S. My wife was happy to have power windows and doors (my 2000 TJ was all manual) and I pretended to be displeased while really thrilled to be ordering my JT.

Karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Yes even without power windows and power locks you still have other functions such as auto park and the door ajar chime so there will always be a wiring harness to disconnect.

Because in some cases people end up running soft doors and not the factory doors .
Sponsored