Battery bank under rear seat

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Before I dig into adding auxiliary electrical systems to my truck I'm wanting to plan out an additional battery bank and management system. I don't really want to take up bed space, and currently don't use the under seat or behind seat storage for anything. I'm curious if anyone has set up an under seat battery bank with inverter and charge controller mounted behind the rear seat.
Sponsored

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
I was looking into this, my thought was completely killing the OEM batteries...I would install the Genesis Dual Battery system and an inverter to run any outlets I add

OP
OP
Fcmalie

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I was looking into this, my thought was completely killing the OEM batteries...I would install the Genesis Dual Battery system and an inverter to run any outlets I add
I was going to leave the main factory battery and disable the ESS one. I need to get measurements, but I think 2 to 4 100ah lifepo4 batteries could fit under the seat. I would wire all my electronics in the bed to this battery pack, lights, refrigerator, USB ports for the RTT, air compressor. Just need to find measurements somewhere, 200ah would probably be enough, but if more fit why not?

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
I was going to leave the main factory battery and disable the ESS one. I need to get measurements, but I think 2 to 4 100ah lifepo4 batteries could fit under the seat. I would wire all my electronics in the bed to this battery pack, lights, refrigerator, USB ports for the RTT, air compressor. Just need to find measurements somewhere, 200ah would probably be enough, but if more fit why not?
I dont think its a bad idea, I just wanted to stay away from batteries inside my vehicle and Im guessing the amount of batteries you are talking about would be close to equal in cost (could be totally wrong). I just see the advantage of the Genesis on a bigger level.

OP
OP
Fcmalie

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I dont think its a bad idea, I just wanted to stay away from batteries inside my vehicle and Im guessing the amount of batteries you are talking about would be close to equal in cost (could be totally wrong). I just see the advantage of the Genesis on a bigger level.
Understand the hesitation, but I already sleep on top of 3 100ah batteries in my trailer. That has gotten me over any worries I've had. The LiFePo4 is way more stable than the higher performance chemistries they us for EV Li Ion batteries.

With the Redarc equipment I'm looking at for management I will definitely be spending close to 3 times the amount of the Genesis Dual Battery setup, but it will enable a lot more.

https://redarcelectronics.com/products/battery-management-fridge-bundle

I understand doing the Genesis, but I figure this gives me a completely isolatable power source for the bed of the truck.

onewhippedpuppy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Aerospace
I wouldnā€™t worry about having batteries inside of the cab, Iā€™ve had lots of cars with the batteries under the back seat or in the trunk and externally vented. The Germans love putting them there. I think itā€™s a good idea if you donā€™t use the space.
Sponsored