Sponsored

Battery charging... No Start/Stop functionality...

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Mech Engineer/MBA/Entrepreneur
Jeep is 14 months old, 17,500 miles. Kept in an insulated garage in Denver...
Drove 1hr and still said battery was charging...

Should I look for a battery replacement/warranty from Jeep so i can utilize all the paid functions of my Jeep?
Jeep Gladiator Battery charging... No Start/Stop functionality... 6DDC920E-0711-4783-8EF8-95E4D3384936_1_105_c
Sponsored

Pescado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Had the same thing at only 10k miles. Battery was charging for months so I took it to Jeep and they replaced both batteries. All fixed for now....

OP
OP
AEsco48

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Mech Engineer/MBA/Entrepreneur
I have a winch, connected to the battery via a solenoid that is controlled by the factory Aux switches... I can only imagine how this is going to turn out...

RustySeatbelt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I have a winch, connected to the battery via a solenoid that is controlled by the factory Aux switches... I can only imagine how this is going to turn out...
Shouldn't matter. That shouldn't interfere with the charging of the auxiliary battery at all. It's likely a defective battery. The aux battery in the JT just isn't good.

bigcheeshead

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Same "start/stop not ready battery charging" for about 3 months now. Finally took it to the dealer. They claim to have ran tests on the batteries and they all passed. For once they're not blaming the oversized tires and the lift kit. Instead, was told that it's probably due to high temperatures that we're currently experiencing in Arizona!!! They told me to bring it back in November or so if the issues still exists.

Sponsored

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Had the same thing at only 10k miles. Battery was charging for months so I took it to Jeep and they replaced both batteries. All fixed for now....
Same here. OP, I'd take it in and they should replace them if needed. If you look through the forum, this is (unfortunately) very common.

KohalaHutch

First Name
Hutch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 Wrangler: MW3 Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
I’m very curious to hear whether your dealership covers it since I also have a winch and the Warn power interrupt kit installed. My local dealership has been real sticklers and try to charge me for anything they can that may be even remotely suspect of being impacted by modifications.

bigcheeshead

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity
I’m very curious to hear whether your dealership covers it since I also have a winch and the Warn power interrupt kit installed. My local dealership has been real sticklers and try to charge me for anything they can that may be even remotely suspect of being impacted by modifications.
Funny you asked. They called me about an hour after I dropped the Jeep off to tell me that it's the winch and the light bar that are draining the auxiliary battery. I've disconnected those from the positive couple of weeks prior so that didn't stick. That's when they decided to actually test the batteries and come up with the "too much heat from the sun" excuse.

KohalaHutch

First Name
Hutch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 Wrangler: MW3 Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Funny you asked. They called me about an hour after I dropped the Jeep off to tell me that it's the winch and the light bar that are draining the auxiliary battery. I've disconnected those from the positive couple of weeks prior so that didn't stick. That's when they decided to actually test the batteries and come up with the "too much heat from the sun" excuse.
I think I saw something in the news about a solar flare…🤣

Sponsored

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
I went Back and forth with dealerships, JeepCares, etc with the exact same issue.

Ultimately, I installed a Cascadia 4x4 solar panel on my hood—my batteries stay charged and I probably won’t be buying another FCA product in the future—I’m sure my next vehicle will be electric and if FCA can’t even make a starter/ESS battery work, why would I trust them with an EV?

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Had mine replaced by the dealer. The center cluster messages should say it all.. Either charging, some defect or cabin temp. If charging and been saying that for weeks/months its the battery. Find a different dealer to change it!

UDEE

First Name
UDEE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pacifica LX
Occupation
Retired military
After reading or at least scanning hundreds of postings with these similar complaints I have found your solution of just replacing the batteries, in spite of their young age and regardless what redundant testing equipment says, this is the ONLY one reported by most people as THE ultimate fix.
Sponsored