Sponsored

Battery Dead after doors off?

Wet_willy

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2020 Jeep Gator Gladiator, 2018 Traverse, 2013 FX4 F-150, 2008 GT500KR “King of the Road”
I removed the four doors off the jeep gladiator drove it around for a bit and stored it in the garage for no rain weather for about a week. I’m certain none of the dome or interior lights were on because I frequent my garage in the evenings and night time and did not see any lights on. Something depleted my battery down to nothing and it took a half an hour with jumper cables to get it going again.

I’m not sure what happened. But I was under the assumption we could take the doors off and not deplete the battery for any reason. I know some of the older jeeps are supposed to pull a fuse for the dome light but I thought on the newer ones the stuff is automatic.

Any suggestions or solutions I’d hate to have to put my doors on every time. I like storing it in the garage and driving it with the doors already off. Dealership and local off road shop were not much help.

Thanks everyone.
Sponsored

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Yes we are able to remove the doors with no side effects.

You electrical draw is likely unrelated to the doors coming off and in reality a problem that has been there and only reared its head due to the fact that it sat for a week.

Time to take it to the dealer and have them check for a draw and load test BOTH batteries

Deleted member 28696

Do you have power side steps? They have a door delete switch but I think it allows you to use the steps with the doors off. Not exactly sure if that would cause the issue or not?
Sponsored