First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F450, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Guy
Left town for 7 months and left the Gladiator in the garage . My son would go run her every once in a while. He let me know two months in that both batteries were flat dead. I told him to pull the batteries and wait till I got home. I decided to put in a Genesis Dual battery setup. After connecting the display said the system was doing a UConnect update. Jeep started and ran good. Shut down and left it to finish the update. Came back the following day and both brand new batteries were dead . Still a major electrical draw on the system. The display still says updating. Has anyone had this issue?
Jeep Gladiator Battery drain 0F641640-D861-40A3-9D34-02AA44AEFDFF
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Were both the new batteries fully charged?
Are there any mods that affect the electrical system (lights, power steps, winch)?
The Genesis system is supposed to keep the batteries isolated when voltage starts dropping so they both don't get discharged.
I would suggest going through and checking all electrical connections, including the connectors on the bottom of the fuse box.
The computers in the new Jeeps never turn off. If they are going to sit for any length of time, the batteries should either be disconnected or have a trickle charger attached. Periodically running it for short periods is not enough to keep the batteries charged.

OP
OP
Whiplash2130

Whiplash2130

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Guy
Were both the new batteries fully charged?
Are there any mods that affect the electrical system (lights, power steps, winch)?
The Genesis system is supposed to keep the batteries isolated when voltage starts dropping so they both don't get discharged.
I would suggest going through and checking all electrical connections, including the connectors on the bottom of the fuse box.
The computers in the new Jeeps never turn off. If they are going to sit for any length of time, the batteries should either be disconnected or have a trickle charger attached. Periodically running it for short periods is not enough to keep the batteries charged.
Batteries were brand new out of the box. I’d guess probably 90% charge.
I understand the system is being drained constantly, but should be somewhere around 0.03 amps per day. Not enough to drain them both overnight. And what’s with the update status? I do have a Super Chips Pulsar installed. My next step is to remove it and put the dust back to stock.

OP
OP
Whiplash2130

Whiplash2130

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Guy
Took it to the dealer who said the radio had no communication to the system. They ordered a replacement.
I believe the original battery drain issue was caused by leaving the LED lights on in the ARE bed cap for about five months. I was told when it was installed that it switched itself off when closing all the doors… not the case. I replaced the dead batteries with the Genesis Dual Battery setup.
Sponsored