Be careful IF and WHEN you replace your windshield - w/Safety Group

slapdappy

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator - Rubicon
Had to have my windshield replaced today. My insurance said Safelite was the best to use. I called them and they asked if I had the "Safety group" because the sensor would have to be recalibrated. Well the guy came today and replaced my windshield - but when it came to recalibrating the system, he told me he could not because I had a lift on it. Confused I replied "what Jeep doesn't?!?" Said that I would have to take it to the Dealership. Well he left me and my Jeep that had 8 codes being thrown after his failed attempt. Luckily the Dealership got me in and recalibrated it and cleared my codes. What an ordeal to take on today JUST to replace my windshield! Be careful on who you have replace your windshield IF you have the Safety group and plan on scheduling an appt with the dealer same day. A little PSA
Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Had to have my windshield replaced today. My insurance said Safelite was the best to use. I called them and they asked if I had the "Safety group" because the sensor would have to be recalibrated. Well the guy came today and replaced my windshield - but when it came to recalibrating the system, he told me he could not because I had a lift on it. Confused I replied "what Jeep doesn't?!?" Said that I would have to take it to the Dealership. Well he left me and my Jeep that had 8 codes being thrown after his failed attempt. Luckily the Dealership got me in and recalibrated it and cleared my codes. What an ordeal to take on today JUST to replace my windshield! Be careful on who you have replace your windshield IF you have the Safety group and plan on scheduling an appt with the dealer same day. A little PSA
I had mine replaced a month ago, absolutely no issues. Of course I didn’t go safelite and I got oem windshield.

bheath-atx

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electronic Manufacturing
I had one replaced on a Grand Cherokee with the same warning. It's tied to the camera in the mirror used for collision avoidance. I had zero issues and never took it to dealer. It was a Safelite install.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I am getting mine replaced on Monday with safelite. It is $550 for the OEM windshield. I do not have the safety group...., so, it should be easier... Any tips ? Thanks in advance.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I had mine replaced about 2 months ago by safelite and mines lifted and I had no issues. Took the guy like 30 minutes. I will say there are two options and if you don't mention you want the one with the Willy's in the windshield they will go with the cheaper option . Had a friend not mention it and his windshield is now missing the Willy's.

Sponsored

bheath-atx

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electronic Manufacturing
I had mine replaced about 2 months ago by safelite and mines lifted and I had no issues. Took the guy like 30 minutes. I will say there are two options and if you don't mention you want the one with the Willy's in the windshield they will go with the cheaper option . Had a friend not mention it and his windshield is now missing the Willy's.
Good to know. I'd hate to lose that

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
The question is more like -- is it worth $200 for OEM, the willy's jeep, and the "acoustic windshield". I decided it was.... , but, it you do not care, you get $200 more in your pocket...
Well only a $50 deductable for me either way I went on my insurance so I went with the OEM. If I had to pay out of pocket then maybe I would have reconsidered.

radioinstl

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be Gladiator
NEVER under any case would I ever use Safelite!!!

Sponsored

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
NEVER under any case would I ever use Safelite!!!
Could you please elaborate? I'm thinking the glass itself isn't a problem since some vehicles have Safelite glass from the factory.

Do you not like the technicians?

Thanks.

bheath-atx

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electronic Manufacturing
The question is more like -- is it worth $200 for OEM, the willy's jeep, and the "acoustic windshield". I decided it was.... , but, it you do not care, you get $200 more in your pocket...
When I used them it was because they are my insurance go to. Here they were really good.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Could you please elaborate? I'm thinking the glass itself isn't a problem since some vehicles have Safelite glass from the factory.

Do you not like the technicians?

Thanks.
Some Safelite install locations are the devil and others are just fine. Found the same to be true of any glass shop independent or not. Just have to do your due diligence in researching your particular area local Safelite installer.

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
Some Safelite install locations are the devil and others are just fine. Found the same to be true of any glass shop independent or not. Just have to do your due diligence in researching your particular area local Safelite installer.
I can certainly understand that. Thank you.

radioinstl

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be Gladiator
Saelite no called no showed, did not return calls or email, then when glass came in they advised they could not do the install properly. Nothing but problems. Unless you are paying 100% out of pocket and can not afford it, go to the dealer and pay the deductible.
Sponsored