Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT shopping
Occupation
Technology
Hello All,

Does anyone know of any "bed bars" or "Light Bars" that are currently under development for the JT? Not really wanting a "bed rack" or "ladder rack" style as is currently the rage for the Gladiator.

I know, they are definitely not everyone's cup of tea, and the usual objections apply of: "those are no good for overlanding ", "they are just cosmetic and won't give any protection in a roll-over ", and of course, who could forget "the 80's called and wants their styling back! "... but what can I say... I like them. :giggle:

I like the style on the Scrambler concept bar -- even though it is really more of a roll bar, and its a one-off, no production plans, and I would prefer something mounted to the tops of the bed sides to preserve bed space and avoid drilling big holes in the bed:
Jeep Gladiator "Bed Bars" or "Light Bars", anyone? bedbar-jeep-jt-scrambler-concept-1-2c

The only other one I've seen is the Blackhorse:
Jeep Gladiator "Bed Bars" or "Light Bars", anyone? blackhorse-bedbar

Anyone know of any others that are being developed? I've seen a few from the bed rack manufacturers as well, but the "bolted up from sections of angle iron" look just isn't for me. Something constructed out of bent large-diameter tubing is what I'm liking.

Anyone else similarly afflicted?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I think DV8 or Fishbone might have one, and I think Fab Fours has one, or is working on one... I don't know... I was researching bumpers and it was a peripheral shot, so I can't remember who it was. But I remember seeing 1 or more making something similar to what you're looking for.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
The new name for them is chase rack and there are a few out there. They do all kinda look the same and lack the old school bundle of snakes look.

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
Maximus-3 has one due out this year. I know it's been delayed due to shutdowns but I think they're still getting close. Search the forum and you'll find the thread.

OP
OP
Kent5

Kent5

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT shopping
Occupation
Technology
Maximus-3 has one due out this year. I know it's been delayed due to shutdowns but I think they're still getting close. Search the forum and you'll find the thread.
Found it! Thanks! This looks great -- hope they get to the point that they can produce it & at a good price. :)
Jeep Gladiator "Bed Bars" or "Light Bars", anyone? Maximus-3 bed bar-small-cropped

Sponsored