Sponsored

Bed Cover Leak?

Vismich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hi Guys,

I got and installed the 3 panel soft bed cover from Mopar.

It poured today, and I got some water in the bed by the tailgate that soaked a bag.

I’ve never had a truck.... should that be water tight?

If it should, what do I need to do to adjust the cover?
Sponsored

RIPLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2015 Jeep Renegade
Hi Guys,

I got and installed the 3 panel soft bed cover from Mopar.

It poured today, and I got some water in the bed by the tailgate that soaked a bag.

I’ve never had a truck.... should that be water tight?

If it should, what do I need to do to adjust the cover?
If you are talking about the tri fold, I have that one an it doesn't leak. Get in the bed and have someone shut the tail gate and look for daylight, then adjust the cover until the daylight is gone. The only place I saw daylight when I installed mine was at the front of the bed where the sides of the bed meet the front wall. There are bed rail caps on both side wall and not the front wall so it's uneven there. I'm going to buy some thin adhesive backed foam and put it on top of the front wall lip so that it's even with the sidewalls, this foam piece was included on my previous trucks tonneau cover for this exav.

Different tonneau cover discussed in that thread.

OP
OP

Vismich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
If you are talking about the tri fold, I have that one an it doesn't leak. Get in the bed and have someone shut the tail gate and look for daylight, then adjust the cover until the daylight is gone. The only place I saw daylight when I installed mine was at the front of the bed where the sides of the bed meet the front wall. There are bed rail caps on both side wall and not the front wall so it's uneven there. I'm going to buy some thin adhesive backed foam and put it on top of the front wall lip so that it's even with the sidewalls, this foam piece was included on my previous trucks tonneau cover for this exav.

Different tonneau cover discussed in that thread.
Thanks. How do you adjust it? Not much to adjust....

Moab

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Jeep Gladiator Overland, ‘17 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, ‘73 Porsche 914-6 GT,
Not knowing exactly your model, most have
3 or 4 clamps that grab around the side rail.
The clamps are drawn together with a bolt.
As was said look for daylight,loosen the clamps. Scoot the cover where it needs to be. Retighten the clamps.
Good luck

Sponsored

RIPLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2015 Jeep Renegade
When I say adjust it, you may have to move it around, side to side, forward and back to get a good seal.

Not knowing exactly your model, most have
3 or 4 clamps that grab around the side rail.
The clamps are drawn together with a bolt.
As was said look for daylight,loosen the clamps. Scoot the cover where it needs to be. Retighten the clamps.
Good luck
The Mopar cover has plastic wingnuts in the front that you can make a little tighter, the rear ones are spring loaded so you can't make them tighter.

Canuck33

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
How did you install the tonneau yourself? I have the Mopar Tri-fold and I can't get my hands between the cab and bed to attach the washer & nut? Any suggestions would be great on this!!!!
Sponsored