Vehicle(s)
JTR

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Is that the only one that have it? Guys at bakflip doesnt seem to know about it!
Bakflip.com is just a reseller, they don't know much and are pretty much jerks. I'm pretty sure they stock nothing -- that is, everything is drop-shipped from the manufacturer -- so they probably have never even seen the X4 for the Gladiator. Talk to the manufacturer, Bakindustries.com, for real information.

As I posted before, the Revolver X4 for the Gladiator is the only version with the T-slot tracks and it is relatively a brand new item. The other versions (Ford, Chevy, Ram ...) do not have it. You will be hard pressed to find an advertisement that mentions it, much less with an image of the Gladiator version, so all resellers are probably unaware of this feature.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
@ciarraikerry is trying to install the Truxedo Elevate TS Rails on his Gladiator. I think he has some rails on order (back order) that he believes might fit. I think he has the hard tri-fold tonneau cover.

Give us some feed back and let us know what youā€™re doing and if youā€™re finding something that works.

Aso Iā€™ve been emailing with Max Modular and they claim their rack works with the trail rails and the hard tri-fold tonneau on. Iā€˜m not 100% on whether the Tri-fold tonneau can open but Iā€™m waiting on feed back to confirm that.
https://www.max-modular.com/shop-max-modular/max-modular-jeep-gladiator-aluminum-bed-rack

Sponsored

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
I just got the XPLOR full-height bed rack from Rebel Off Road. I haven't installed it, but it appears to be EXTREMELY durable.

Rebel Off Road says the LITERIDER tonneau cover works with their bed rack. Although this page doesn't show it, you can find videos online of their Gladiator with the bed rack and the cover installed. Seems like a good option and I will likely give it a try.

https://rebeloffroad.com/access-literider-roll-up-cover-37029/

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Been working on my custom rack to work with my tonneau cover. Primary components are the "test" brackets from kbvoodoo($70), towers from compact camping($100), and cross bars made from 1 5/8" strut channel($40). Ill be painting everything tonight. I have under $250 into this including the paint. The kbvoodoo brackets will be left on permanently as the seal for my tonneau rails will be trimmed to fit them, but the towers and cross bars will be removed when my RTT is not in use.

Last edited:

capercrew02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep WJ, BMW i3, Red JTR.
My rhino rack gear finally arrived. Got the feet and crossbars installed, and mocked up my pioneer platform. Iā€™ve got a part coming Monday to allow me to directly attach the platform to the feet, but I think this is going to work well. Unfortunately I need quite a bit of a rise to be able to roll the tonneau with the rack or bars on, but for the intended purpose itā€™ll be fine.

653E116A-EEB7-42DC-8133-440FA1B50356.jpeg

80217D40-2F3D-4844-9769-AF1610409B65.jpeg

79F2352B-4D40-4DFE-8372-933FA0D73C3D.jpeg

D7CAA5F8-0579-4771-8A39-41278B53C0D7.jpeg

Lorenf303

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Camaro 2LT RS
Occupation
retired
My rhino rack gear finally arrived. Got the feet and crossbars installed, and mocked up my pioneer platform. Iā€™ve got a part coming Monday to allow me to directly attach the platform to the feet, but I think this is going to work well. Unfortunately I need quite a bit of a rise to be able to roll the tonneau with the rack or bars on, but for the intended purpose itā€™ll be fine.

653E116A-EEB7-42DC-8133-440FA1B50356.jpeg

80217D40-2F3D-4844-9769-AF1610409B65.jpeg

79F2352B-4D40-4DFE-8372-933FA0D73C3D.jpeg

D7CAA5F8-0579-4771-8A39-41278B53C0D7.jpeg
That looks great! What tonneau did you go with?

capercrew02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That looks great! What tonneau did you go with?
Bak revolver x4. Ive had the tonneau now for a few months and like it a lot. For me I think this will be a perfect combo. Leaving the bed mostly normal for day to day operations, but allowing a second level of storage for offroading or camping trips. Iā€™ve had the rack setup mostly for my offroading gear like high lift and traction boards etc.

Sponsored

Lorenf303

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Bak revolver x4. Ive had the tonneau now for a few months and like it a lot. For me I think this will be a perfect combo. Leaving the bed mostly normal for day to day operations, but allowing a second level of storage for offroading or camping trips. Iā€™ve had the rack setup mostly for my offroading gear like high lift and traction boards etc.
Is that a Yakima rack? What did you use to attach the rack to the tonneau?

capercrew02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is that a Yakima rack? What did you use to attach the rack to the tonneau?
Itā€™s actually the rhino rack vortex crossbars with the RLT600 quick disconnect feet. The feet attach to the built in T-Slot rails on the Bak revolver cover. The bars&feet can be removed from the cover in 30 seconds by just doing a 1/4 turn with a key, and then lift them off. So itā€™s very easy to take the bars on and off if I need to roll up the cover, or move them. The t-slot was the main reason I ordered this tonneau. The rack is a rhino rack pioneer platform, that will either attach to the feet directly, or the crossbar. I wonā€™t know if the rack can directly attach for a few days, waiting on some parts .

Lorenf303

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Itā€™s actually the rhino rack vortex crossbars with the RLT600 quick disconnect feet. The feet attach to the built in T-Slot rails on the Bak revolver cover. The bars&feet can be removed from the cover in 30 seconds by just doing a 1/4 turn with a key, and then lift them off. So itā€™s very easy to take the bars on and off if I need to roll up the cover, or move them. The t-slot was the main reason I ordered this tonneau. The rack is a rhino rack pioneer platform, that will either attach to the feet directly, or the crossbar. I wonā€™t know if the rack can directly attach for a few days, waiting on some parts .
Thanks for the info. Great setup.

Deisher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I'm fascinated by this thread. I have the Yakima Overhaul bars now too. I will have to sell my factory tonneau- which is fine- but I NEED to find a tonneau that will work.
The picture doesn't seem to be the overhaul arms. I think those are the outpost arms. My overhaul arms have higher placement of the tie downs. I purchased the bak x4 revolver today. Also bought the Yakima tonneau kit. If I can make it work I will post pictures of my install.
Sponsored