Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
  • Banned
I had a 2013 Nissan Frontier that came with the factory bed extender. It was amazing because with the tailgate closed it gave me a 18" place at the back of the bed for holding groceries or small power tools or whatever, and with the tailgate down you could flip it out and convert the bed to a 6.5' bed in seconds. It really made the 5' bed easy to live with.

Has anybody seen something like this for Gladiator yet? If not, somebody needs to make one!

ScreenHunter_153 May. 19 17.41.jpg
Sponsored

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
I had a 2013 Nissan Frontier that came with the factory bed extender. It was amazing because with the tailgate closed it gave me a 18" place at the back of the bed for holding groceries or small power tools or whatever, and with the tailgate down you could flip it out and convert the bed to a 6.5' bed in seconds. It really made the 5' bed easy to live with.

Has anybody seen something like this for Gladiator yet? If not, somebody needs to make one!

Hoping for something like that too. Had one on my old Tacoma and used it quite a bit. I'm sure one will be available eventually...

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO

I can't remember where the picture is for the life of me but I do remember seeing a gladiator with one of those . Maybe someone can find the picture of it. Dont know info on it either

BrandRezake

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Controls Engineer/Entertainment Program Manager
I have the AMP research one on my Silverado and I love it. Hands down one of the most useful mods.
My concern is that I don't see how it would work with the tonneau cover. The one I have basically comes almost flush with the top of the bed.
Secondly, I hope the cargo management system doesn't interfere with it either. If that's the case, I will definitely be modifying it to make one work.

Sponsored

OP
OP
WXman

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
  • Banned
toke, toke ....eeer.....
Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

So the Amp Research one is available now? Or is that a prototype?

LidLess07X

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Recon, 2001 TJ Sport, 2018 Mustang GT PP1 with Roush S.C.
For storage inside the bed with the tailgate closed, a 2”X6” in the slots would probably work just fine. I had the extender and a precut 2X6 for my Power Wagon and found that I could just lay the board flat and in the bed when I had to haul something. I was always looking for a place to store the bed extender when it had to be removed. That said, there were many times when it came in handy

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
I have the AMP research one on my Silverado and I love it. Hands down one of the most useful mods.
My concern is that I don't see how it would work with the tonneau cover. The one I have basically comes almost flush with the top of the bed.
Secondly, I hope the cargo management system doesn't interfere with it either. If that's the case, I will definitely be modifying it to make one work.
the AMP one pictured above bolts to the side of the bed just inside the tailgate and looks to be shorter than bed height so I don't think it would interfere with the cargo management or the tonneau cover

BrandRezake

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Controls Engineer/Entertainment Program Manager
the AMP one pictured above bolts to the side of the bed just inside the tailgate and looks to be shorter than bed height so I don't think it would interfere with the cargo management or the tonneau cover
Thanks for pointing that out! It looks like the cargo management system is in that picture. This is good news. I am stoked for my Rubi delivery. (First Rubi)

Sponsored

OP
OP
WXman

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I suppose as long as the mounting width is the same, we could use one from another midsize truck. I'd prefer one with a slightly more square look vs. the Amp Research one in that picture. But we're on the right track. Thanks guys... keep it comin'..

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
I suppose as long as the mounting width is the same, we could use one from another midsize truck. I'd prefer one with a slightly more square look vs. the Amp Research one in that picture. But we're on the right track. Thanks guys... keep it comin'..
More like the Nissan one in your first post?

OP
OP
WXman

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
In the unlikely event that they don't make a bed extender for the Gladiator, there's plenty of universal ones.

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler JKU on 40s and Tons
toke, toke ....eeer.....

20190418_195749.jpg
20190418_195755.jpg

I took these pics...they were on one of the display vehicles at Easter Jeep safari. Not one of the concepts, just a Rubicon JT. I looked high and low for signs that this was just a cobbled up quickie for the show but it looked brand new and fit perfectly. I would assume it will be on the market soon.
Sponsored