Bed is Done - Setup for Day Wheeling

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Just finished my bed setup for day wheeling. JCR molle side panels, various quick fists, BuiltRight industries quick fist mount for the crazy beaver shovel. Here are some pics, Enjoy !

Here is the Stainless hardware for Maxtrax mounting on the Gladiator rails. I got them from Amazon.

Big Horn 19709B-5PK 5 Star Thru Knob 3/8 x 16 (5/PK)

GZSJY T Slot Nuts for Toyota Bed Deck Rail, 4 PCS Stainless Steel Nuts for Tacoma & Tundra Cleats, Tie Downs and Accessories 3/8"-16 Thread 304 Steel

3/8-16 Serrated Flange Hex Lock Nuts, Stainless Steel 304, Bright Finish, Quantity 25

316 Stainless Steel Fully Threaded Rod, 3/8"-16 Thread Size, 12" Length, Right Hand Threads

Jeep Gladiator Bed is Done - Setup for Day Wheeling psIKkP

I had to grind down the knobs a little to clear the Maxtrax contours. You could go with smaller knobs instead.

Jeep Gladiator Bed is Done - Setup for Day Wheeling qZFhF7

I cut the stainless studs approx. 4-3/4" long so the Maxtrax could be easily stowed when full of mud

Jeep Gladiator Bed is Done - Setup for Day Wheeling NcOxNx

Jeep Gladiator Bed is Done - Setup for Day Wheeling p6g3I3

Day ice chest and axe

Jeep Gladiator Bed is Done - Setup for Day Wheeling f38SLu

Viair 440p Compressor, connection cables, air hose, deflator, Crazy Beaver Shovel with BuiltRight Industries quick fist mount

Jeep Gladiator Bed is Done - Setup for Day Wheeling 9WKwAa

Jeep Gladiator Bed is Done - Setup for Day Wheeling pWuPC2

ARB Snatch strap and 2 soft shackles fit easily behind the rear seat on the driver's side. I keep the hitch, first aid kit, large serrated knife, lantern, flashlight, etc... in the cargo area under the rear seat.

Jeep Gladiator Bed is Done - Setup for Day Wheeling WNO8nt
Sponsored

Last edited:

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Great spot for the Maxtrax.

OP
OP
hjdca

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Great spot for the Maxtrax.
Thanks. Made an update today... Put my old short axe in the garage again when I saw this this Truper Pulaski at Lowes. It is 36", can be used as a spade pick and is very, very substantial. Puts my old short axe to shame. I also added a flashlight baton for my girlfriend to use at campsite bathrooms. Looking to add a fire extinguisher now.....

5AStno.jpg

eMxJ38.jpg

OP
OP
hjdca

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Hello, I made an update to the drivers side molle panel. I decided to add another layer of tools behind the ice chest. Here is a pic of the added hammer and fire extinguisher. The rubber clamps provide a nice base for the ice chest to rest against and on the other side, you have the bed ring for the ice chest to rest against. The red strap against the panel is used to add the ice chest. I also added some tarp straps against the molle panel in case they are needed. I have room for two more small tools on this side, so, I will probably add more.

x2jGfG.jpg

OP
OP
hjdca

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I made an update to the drivers side. I went with a mini sledge and hand pick. Note: on the hand pike I grinded down the hole on the bottom of the handle so it would not interfere with the rack system. I also added rachet straps to the panels in case I need to blow up a tire that lost it's bead. The ice chest rests against the rubber straps from the fire extinguisher and the mini pick and I just strap it in when I need it.

mAgciL.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
hjdca

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Hi Guys, here is an Update. I added additional security with the Rugged Ridge Armis Line-X folding cover. I like it a lot, line-X looks great, and the cover shuts like a door. It fits very well, like it was designed for the JT. Here are some pics.

Jeep Gladiator Bed is Done - Setup for Day Wheeling v5jBVx

Jeep Gladiator Bed is Done - Setup for Day Wheeling 4UNelB

Jeep Gladiator Bed is Done - Setup for Day Wheeling 3cAzuH

Hereis another update. I added a long vertical quick fist to better secure my Viair 440p while wheeling....

L85lno.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
hjdca

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Looks great! Are you just using the center hole in the Quick Fists to mount them to the MOLLE panels?
Thanks ! yes, they are all center hole mount into the center holes of the Molle panels. Mostly the regular or small Quick fists or a combination on the same tool, depending on the handle thickness. I either used the Quick fist square plastic washer (standard quick fist) or an appropriate sized stainless steel round washer on the small or large Quick fists. All hardware was stainless steel --- screws, flat washers, nylon locknuts. I have done some high speed wheeling at Pismo with all the tools mounted and everything is nice and secure, no rattles.

PapaChop83

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.revitalizeautospa.com
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator, '04 CLK 55 AMG, '21 Kia Telluride
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks ! yes, they are all center hole mount into the center holes of the Molle panels. Mostly the regular or small Quick fists or a combination on the same tool, depending on the handle thickness. I either used the Quick fist square plastic washer (standard quick fist) or an appropriate sized stainless steel round washer on the small or large Quick fists. All hardware was stainless steel --- screws, flat washers, nylon locknuts. I have done some high speed wheeling at Pismo with all the tools mounted and everything is nice and secure, no rattles.
Awesome, thanks for the detailed response! Those look like the best bet for mounting tools to the MOLLE.

OP
OP
hjdca

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Awesome, thanks for the detailed response! Those look like the best bet for mounting tools to the MOLLE.
No worries.

Note: I used the --- BuiltRight Industries Riser Mounts (Pair) - Quick Fist Original --- with the JCR Molle Panel to mount the Krazy Shovel farther out from the molle, so,l I could turn it more. You can see the riser mounts on one of the earlier pictures. I have the Krazy Shovel handle turned so it rests on my air compressor --- making sure there is no bouncing.

Sponsored

OP
OP
hjdca

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Update: I received my "Safe Jack - The General" (Very impressive kit) and wanted to strap it to my molle panels. So, I reconfigured my panels. I went away from the longer XL Quick Fist straps and used the ratchet straps I want in the truck anyway.

Here you can see the Crazy Shovel, Silky Katanaboy 500mm saw, Safe Jack (ammo box), Saddle Axe, and the Viair 440p. I ended up putting the Viair on its back and using the base against the rachet strap and the top against the molle panel. This is a much better way to strap it, and it is not movable. The Safe jack ammo box is very heavy, so, the tight ratchet strap also makes it unmovable.

Jeep Gladiator Bed is Done - Setup for Day Wheeling lwrboA

On the Drivers side, I added an additional QuickFist to store two bundles of rope, entrenchment tool, tire thumper, Filet knife. These overlap the hand Pick and 4 lb. sledge, but, there is no issue. You just unclip the ropes before you unclip the sledge or pick. I also added an Aluminum Muller Twisted Wedge to the fire extinguisher mounts, and it just sandwiches nicely between the Pulaski and the fire extinguisher. I added two more BuiltRight industries quick fist mounts to move the Pulaski away from the molle panel to allow me to strap a hatchet, a bushcraft drill and a few hardwood dowels behind it.

Note: I still use the extra strap for the Ice Chest, which I just press against the ropes and pull it snug.

The good part is I still have both my bed lights showing and the rear drivers side tie down loop is still exposed.
On the passenger side, I now have to move the Viair to get to the passenger side tie down loop and the power plug..., but, I do not use those much anyway, so, it was an easy trade off.

Note: I have also added the "ecoological gapshield", which you can see a small piece of it, to keep dust out of the bed from the bottom of the tail gate while 4 wheeling. It is working well.

Jeep Gladiator Bed is Done - Setup for Day Wheeling t3eotC

Last edited:

Rwalk31

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU/ 13 Ram 3500
Hey the Max Trax looks like a pretty close match to sting gray...is it?

Dark_Iron_Mojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[2021 Sarge Mojave]
That's a solid setup! I'm looking to do a similar one, but will probably put my Maxx Traxx on the lift gate with the 813 Fab MOLLE panel.
Sponsored