First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Blue Collar Balla!!
Has anyone ripped the carpet out and sprayed the floor? Are you happy with doing it or not? Any pointers on brands or ways to do it? I do know it might get a little louder, so is there something I should lay down before spraying? Any and all advice is appreciated!
Sponsored

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Look over on the JK forums for info on this.

JKOwners
Pirate4x4 (offroad forum not just jeep)

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
have not sprayed the floor but that stupid carpet has been out for months. Right now I have weathertech mats down and they are keeping me from having to see any of the strangeness that is the raw metal.

I know there are health concerns about some bed liner products in the cab.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I've not done it to JT but I did put truck bed liner in my MJ floor, more noisy yes did it help in some ways with cleaning. But heat from would keep it melting in places. I had rust to form under it and rusting out. I have ran my LJ with out carpet and just floor mats quite a lot, I did think about having it sprayed in But didn't. You about have to sand blast some spots for the bed liner to stick where you cannot sand to give it "a tooth" to stick to. Same reason you can unstick OEM sprayed in bed liner then just peel off in big strips. End choice I would if I was going to take doors and top off run in mud and slop then just hose out. But without a smooth finish you will have dirt stuck in it still. Just bare paint floor in my XJ did good at washing out with rubber floor mats "with added drain holes" and plugs removed. With it I didn't have a floor rusting problem. But would get hot as heck.

MarkN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi
That was one of my first mods. We have a German Shepherd that sheds like crazy. Getting dog hair out of the carpet was a major pia! I stripped out the seats and carpeting and sprayed the entire floor pan with Lizard Skin. It was a four day job with prep, but came out great! It’s so easy to vacuum out or I can rinse it out by removing the drain plugs.

5025C93B-19C6-412A-839D-D88AB2068EEF.jpeg

15D2D8BD-6BC8-44A3-BA5B-E316F711D10A.jpeg

ADA16F3D-4A9D-4E8D-877D-2AAAA61190F4.jpeg

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
That was one of my first mods. We have a German Shepherd that sheds like crazy. Getting dog hair out of the carpet was a major pia! I stripped out the seats and carpeting and sprayed the entire floor pan with Lizard Skin. It was a four day job with prep, but came out great! It’s so easy to vacuum out or I can rinse it out by removing the drain plugs.

Jeep Gladiator Bed lining the cab ADA16F3D-4A9D-4E8D-877D-2AAAA61190F4

That looks awesome. I wonder why these don't come from the factory like that.

MarkN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi
That looks awesome. I wonder why these don't come from the factory like that.
I thought the same thing for the entire time I worked on this. It would be so easy in the build process before everything was installed.

PLEG1972

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeel Gladiator
Occupation
Maintenance Supervisor
Let us know how it sounds driving! Is it crazy load, a little louder or not notable?

MarkN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi
Let us know how it sounds driving! Is it crazy load, a little louder or not notable?
It’s a little quieter. The first coat is a sound deadened and the second coat is a thermal barrier. I can’t say how much it has helped because I got ceramic tint on all my windows and I have the Hot Head liners in. The vehicle is very comfortable as far as temp and noise. The main reason I put it in was to make cleaning easier and eliminate wet carpet.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
I thought the same thing for the entire time I worked on this. It would be so easy in the build process before everything was installed.
It would, I just don't get why they thought lets make a waterproof truck and put carpet inside of it. Ford gets it with the one trim of the bronco.....

Honestly I have been rolling with no carpet and haven't noticed any noise really. And I have a soft top as well. Dont think I have had the JT over 65 though removing the carpet though as my disclaimer.

Sponsored

Sparty

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR (Gecko) / 2021 JLR
Did it to my TJ. The ONLY drawback is that the floorboard can get a little warm in the summer.

Its comical to be at work and have someone come to you in a panic that your top is down in a rainstorm. My answer is "yes...yes it is"

PLEG1972

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeel Gladiator
Occupation
Maintenance Supervisor
Did it to my TJ. The ONLY drawback is that the floorboard can get a little warm in the summer.

Its comical to be at work and have someone come to you in a panic that your top is down in a rainstorm. My answer is "yes...yes it is"
"A little warm"....I live in Arizona do will I be a baked potato in the summer? LOL

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase