Bed Rack Recommendations?

Canuck33

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I've decided on a RTT (Roofnest Condor), but I still can't decide on the right rack/rails. RTT is about 135 lbs and no more than 2 people in the test...so total static weight would never exceed 500 lbs.

I'd prefer a low profile / half rack and would like it to either be easily removable to good enough to not make the JTR look odd when not camping/on the road. Was looking at Front Runner Slimline II, KB Voodoo Hi-Rise Alum (I've seen the pics where it failed...but looks more like hard overland conditions with max weight), or a couple of the Artec Industries (half rack...the rails likely won't hold the weight).

Any other suggestions? Would love to get something on order soon! Thanks.
Sponsored

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
20 JT, 15 JKU, 22 BMW 4, Challenger R/T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
Take a look at Rebel Offroad. I have the full height rack and it is built solid. They make a half height as well.

Edit to add that it is the Xplor rack that I have. Here is the link to the half height version: https://rebeloffroad.com/xROE-JT-XBR-HH/

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
20 JT, 15 JKU, 22 BMW 4, Challenger R/T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't looked at the Artec rack in any detail. I can tell you that their skids and axle trusses are top notch though. Very well built. They definitely build quality accessories.

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
Another vote for Rebel Offroad. I had their full height XPLOR rack, and it was awesome. The only reason I no longer have it is because my RSI Smartcap finally arrived. I actually considered just keeping the rack because the cap was pretty expensive and I really liked the rack, but ended up sticking with the original plan and got the Smartcap (which is also an amazing product!)

OP
OP
Canuck33

Canuck33

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks...I was looking at this for a quick off/on option, but I'd miss out on any additional carrying space.

https://www.artecindustries.com/jt-bedrail

Their response on load was as follows, but it's not clear what the max static & dynamic would be.

We have only rated the rails to the weight rating on the Jeep cargo management system due to it being the weak link. a single cross rail will hold more than the jeep mounts are rated for. You will have no issues supporting a tent on the cross rails

Anyone know what the ratings may be for rails that use the trail management system?

Sponsored

KB Voodoo

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kbvoodoo.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JT
I've decided on a RTT (Roofnest Condor), but I still can't decide on the right rack/rails. RTT is about 135 lbs and no more than 2 people in the test...so total static weight would never exceed 500 lbs.

I'd prefer a low profile / half rack and would like it to either be easily removable to good enough to not make the JTR look odd when not camping/on the road. Was looking at Front Runner Slimline II, KB Voodoo Hi-Rise Alum (I've seen the pics where it failed...but looks more like hard overland conditions with max weight), or a couple of the Artec Industries (half rack...the rails likely won't hold the weight).

Any other suggestions? Would love to get something on order soon! Thanks.
Take a look at our Aluminum bed racks: https://www.max-modular.com/shop-max-modular/max-modular-jeep-gladiator-aluminum-bed-rack

They come in heights of 10", 14", & 18" and are easy to remove when you are not camping. We have seen a number of customers who install hoist systems in their garages to pull off their rack and tent when not in use.

They are all in stock and would ship on Monday.

DesertRunner

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Giulia
Another vote for @RebelOffRoad. I have their half rack with an iKamper Skycamp Mini.

OP
OP
Canuck33

Canuck33

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys...I went with a Roofnest Condor using KB Voodoo Hi-Rise Crossbars, and a X4 Revolver tonneau cover. Heading to Texas in two weeks for a 10-day adventure...we'll see how she holds up!

Geo Jeep

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator Sport S (Max Tow)
Occupation
Geologist
Take a look at our Aluminum bed racks: https://www.max-modular.com/shop-max-modular/max-modular-jeep-gladiator-aluminum-bed-rack

They come in heights of 10", 14", & 18" and are easy to remove when you are not camping. We have seen a number of customers who install hoist systems in their garages to pull off their rack and tent when not in use.

They are all in stock and would ship on Monday.
Is your modular system truly modular (for height), or do I need to select one size and that's what I'm stuck with? I'd like it to be lower for the RTT, but then adjust to max height in case I need to carry some long lumber (I'd need a roof solution for that too). Just wondering, thanks!

capncking

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator JT
Occupation
Retired
Thanks guys...I went with a Roofnest Condor using KB Voodoo Hi-Rise Crossbars, and a X4 Revolver tonneau cover. Heading to Texas in two weeks for a 10-day adventure...we'll see how she holds up!
Are you able to roll the x4 revolver open all the way with the crossbars?
Sponsored