Sponsored

Bed rack that will allow tonneau cover to open

The Peripatetic Cajun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Anyone else have problems finding a bed rack that's compatible with the factory tri-fold tonneau cover?
I've searched and tried to find one that will be able to fit sans drilling to allow my cover to open. The issue being, wanting to be able to open and fold it back all the way to the glass, and I cannot find a dealer that sells them. trying to fit a RTT on and still use the tonneau cover ability to open underneath isn't looking good,
Any ideas or help would not go amiss, thanks
Sponsored

dhurley737

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Gator Rubicon, 2018 Ford Expedition Platinum, 2019 Audi Q7, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Urban Enduro, 2016 Nautique G21, 1968 Chevrolet Corvette
Anyone else have problems finding a bed rack that's compatible with the factory tri-fold tonneau cover?
I've searched and tried to find one that will be able to fit sans drilling to allow my cover to open. The issue being, wanting to be able to open and fold it back all the way to the glass, and I cannot find a dealer that sells them. trying to fit a RTT on and still use the tonneau cover ability to open underneath isn't looking good,
Any ideas or help would not go amiss, thanks
Man this is me... everyday.

No joke I think I’m going to end up with an ARE for the “winter”ish months and then just a rack for the other 1/2 of the year when I barely have the top / doors on.

mikepatrisso

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator // Volvo XC70
Search recent post on here “flo grown gobi”. I too have been trying to solve this. This member utilized a universal rack from vanguard which has offset plates as it’s an over camper rack. He installed over a softopper but as another member commented on his thread, a tonneau would likely work as well. He includes links to the rack, which can be found on Vanguard’s site, RealTruck, and others. There is a hi lo option which I’m going to look into. I believe the soft top sits higher than the hard top and if I throw a boat up there I want it far enough above my top to avoid contact, etc. See this member’s photos and you’ll see what I mean. He too has a soft top and the front rack bar is just a tad higher from what I can see in the photo. Think I’d like it a bit higher, hence my interest in the hi lo version of the rack.

Last edited: