First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator 2020
Occupation
Personal Trainer
I recently installed the bakflip g2 hard cover, I am trying to find a bed rack to carry bicycles, as well as a rooftop tent in the near future. Are there any bed racks that can work with a hard cover? or be modified to do so? I am tying to avoid getting a hitch bike rack to keep from adding any more length to the vehicle , as I reside in NYC. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT OPTIONS ANYONE KNOWS OF.
Sponsored

desertfox73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2019 Raptor SCrew
There are bed racks that work with hard covers, but I don't know if there's a rack that works specifically with the cover you have. Nuthouse Industries makes both racks and covers - the racks are very customizable, and there are at least three hard covers you can choose from, including a roll-top hard cover.

I have their rack and love it, and will eventually purchase one of their covers (probably the roll top).

Racer_X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Diamondback + frontrunner rack - available at diamondback's website. I'm waiting for some fabricator to design an overlanding rack that can be bolted to a diamondback and I'll grab that. Unless it takes too long :)

M4Fun

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2001 Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
IT Manager
We should rename this thread - Diamondback with Overland Rack that allows Diamondback access...
@Racer_X - I like what how your thinking - next it to start fabricating...The Frontrunner mounts can accomidate a Diamond back - just fall short - JK Gear and Gagets made a pretty decent DIY overland rack that can easily go on/off with bolting to the trailrail. My challenge is the welding piece which i havent done in a while nor have easy access to one -
Sponsored