Bed Slide on decked system

Stitchedupseats

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
So I got the bed slide installed tonight. I’m not totally sure about it but I think it will work out. I was dying trying to climb between my bed rack and the decked drawers. This seemed like the best solution.

The mounts that bed slide makes do not work with the gladiator decked system. You have to drill directly into the decked frame. It barely fits with the trail rail front mounted.

F2A08211-8082-4CAA-9F64-FA2C2FBC894D.jpeg

FF1F48CD-FBD7-4A1B-A411-CD5E701A40C2.jpeg
Sponsored

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
How do you like your set up so far?

OP
OP
Stitchedupseats

Stitchedupseats

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
How do you like your set up so far?
Haven’t used it too much. I did test fit some stuff for my next trip. The 24 gal action packer fit side by side. Then still room for Cooler or more containers. Definitely makes it a lot easier to reach the front of the bed.

The bed slide is not as smooth as the decked drawers. It feels solid though.

I’ve got to work on finish wiring all my lights and scene lighting so it will be ready for my next trip but there just isn’t enough daylight or hours lol.

WemoVealot

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO, 2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Haven’t used it too much. I did test fit some stuff for my next trip. The 24 gal action packer fit side by side. Then still room for Cooler or more containers. Definitely makes it a lot easier to reach the front of the bed.

The bed slide is not as smooth as the decked drawers. It feels solid though.

I’ve got to work on finish wiring all my lights and scene lighting so it will be ready for my next trip but there just isn’t enough daylight or hours lol.
Looks great and I hope it works well for you! I did something similar with a fridge slide on top of the decked drawers - needed to drill through the t-rails to find the metal tubes. Very solid ... and the access and organization is wonderful.

Well done.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Stitchedupseats

Stitchedupseats

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Looks great and I hope it works well for you! I did something similar with a fridge slide on top of the decked drawers - needed to drill through the t-rails to find the metal tubes. Very solid ... and the access and organization is wonderful.

Well done.
Thanks, yeah it’s kind of a pain to mount stuff and makes me a little nervous but decked says it’s fine for the 1,000 lb slide. Hoping to never find out differently.

WemoVealot

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO, 2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Thanks, yeah it’s kind of a pain to mount stuff and makes me a little nervous but decked says it’s fine for the 1,000 lb slide. Hoping to never find out differently.
Not quite a 'regret' but the decked drawers are apparently 200 lbs (empty). By the time I add in my family, winch, the cap and some basic gear I'm already over the 1100 lbs payload capacity.

OP
OP
Stitchedupseats

Stitchedupseats

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Not quite a 'regret' but the decked drawers are apparently 200 lbs (empty). By the time I add in my family, winch, the cap and some basic gear I'm already over the 1100 lbs payload capacity.
Yeah I’m probably going to be pushing it with rack etc. no winch so that saves me some. Also no family, so there’s a lot of weight and gear back. Wife goes some places but not always.

I definitely didn’t realize how heavy they were. Thinking oh they are plastic....

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Shipping weight is 207lbs, but that includes packing materials I assume and I thought I was told they ship on a pallet? I bet you shave 20-30 lbs in weight after you unpack, but I agree 150-180 lbs of just dead weight is a lot...add a roof rack (85lbs) my RTT (135lbs), aftermarket bumper and dual swing outs (150-200lbs) and gear, I'm 2/3 of my payload and that doesn't include my fenders, front bumper and winch and my safari rack...I am packed full. But the stock rear bumper and hitch were pretty heavy, I don't think my rear bumper netted a full 150 more lbs, I would guess a net gain of 50-75 lbs and my fenders really don't weight that much. But I would bet the vast majority of us are putting a lot more than 1100 lbs on these if we are loaded for camping.

OP
OP
Stitchedupseats

Stitchedupseats

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Shipping weight is 207lbs, but that includes packing materials I assume and I thought I was told they ship on a pallet? I bet you shave 20-30 lbs in weight after you unpack, but I agree 150-180 lbs of just dead weight is a lot...add a roof rack (85lbs) my RTT (135lbs), aftermarket bumper and dual swing outs (150-200lbs) and gear, I'm 2/3 of my payload and that doesn't include my fenders, front bumper and winch and my safari rack...I am packed full. But the stock rear bumper and hitch were pretty heavy, I don't think my rear bumper netted a full 150 more lbs, I would guess a net gain of 50-75 lbs and my fenders really don't weight that much. But I would bet the vast majority of us are putting a lot more than 1100 lbs on these if we are loaded for camping.
I went with the bushwhacker flares. I can’t imagine they weigh much at all. Much less than factory or any metal fenders for sure. Stubby bumper weighs less than stock steel by my gauge of picking it up. We definitely all max out the payload situation.

I went with the airlift bags to help with the weight in the back. It drives better now than it did before the mods.

Im deleting the rear seat totally and putting cooler there with food and some gear. Trying to keep weight at least even and low if possible. I’m using ground tent too so that’s a huge weight savings.

973D0083-8815-475E-AF47-E787637C49F1.jpeg

Sponsored

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I went with the bushwhacker flares. I can’t imagine they weigh much at all. Much less than factory or any metal fenders for sure. Stubby bumper weighs less than stock steel by my gauge of picking it up. We definitely all max out the payload situation.

I went with the airlift bags to help with the weight in the back. It drives better now than it did before the mods.

Im deleting the rear seat totally and putting cooler there with food and some gear. Trying to keep weight at least even and low if possible. I’m using ground tent too so that’s a huge weight savings.

973D0083-8815-475E-AF47-E787637C49F1.jpeg
I might delete the rear seat as well, It is always just me and sometimes my daughter up front and the dog in the back. I've hear the rear seat is actually pretty heavy.

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I missed it at my first glance in your pictures, but looks like you are using the bedslide that would sit between the wheel wells without the decked system...I am picking up a used decked system tonight and really like the idea of a bed slide on top like your set up, but would since the decked system sits above the wheel wells, bedslide should make a wider version that sits the full width of the bed...I do however realize you would lose the access to the two front storage compartments on the sides of the decked system. Catch 22...not sure what is more valuable? I am actually thinking of designing my own slider and maybe I will notch the front corners to accommodate the best of both worlds.

OP
OP
Stitchedupseats

Stitchedupseats

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
I missed it at my first glance in your pictures, but looks like you are using the bedslide that would sit between the wheel wells without the decked system...I am picking up a used decked system tonight and really like the idea of a bed slide on top like your set up, but would since the decked system sits above the wheel wells, bedslide should make a wider version that sits the full width of the bed...I do however realize you would lose the access to the two front storage compartments on the sides of the decked system. Catch 22...not sure what is more valuable? I am actually thinking of designing my own slider and maybe I will notch the front corners to accommodate the best of both worlds.
So the slide just barely clears the ammo cans. It is fairly close to tailgate opening too. Not sure if you can gain much for the extra work of fabricating it. Worth a shot though if you have the tools I suppose.

WemoVealot

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO, 2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military

Jeep Gladiator Bed Slide on decked system 973D0083-8815-475E-AF47-E787637C49F1
Do the airbags address comfort, performance, capacity, or some of each?

OP
OP
Stitchedupseats

Stitchedupseats

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Do the airbags address comfort, performance, capacity, or some of each?
No sway at all with my trailer now, back height is back where it was stock, ride is less bouncy now too. So I guess a little of everything is improved. For 86$ - can’t beat it.
Sponsored