Sponsored

Bedrug for Jeep Gladiator - available now and more (update)

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Bedrug makes a great product. I have the full Bedrug in my Raptor and really like it.

And I want to add it to my Jeep Gladiator even though it has the factory spray in liner for a couple reasons: the Bedrug is softer on my knees and the Spray-in Liner acts like sandpaper shaving off cardboard, etc. whenever anything is dragged across it.

The Bedrug people say their full Bedrug will be available next month. They assure me that it will stop short of the Trail Rails which will allow the Trail Rail system to be used with their Bedrug product. They do not yet have a part number for this version. They said to check back with them next month to find out if/when it's available.

In the meantime their Bedrug floor and tailgate, one-piece liner is available now. I may go with this as it will do what I need it to and leave the side walls open should I decide to mount anything there. The Bedrug person (Nicki Alred via LiveChat) said this model works with both Gladiators with and without the Spray-in Liner. She said the part number is XLTBMJ20SBS and it looks like this:

ex_q80_w700_h500_images_ePIM_original_BR-BedRug-XLT-Mat-17Raptor-Dunes1.jpg

[URL]https://bedrug.com/bedrug-xlt-bed-mats/2020/jeep/gladiator[/URL]

From their website:

The BedRug XLT Mat is designed specifically for trucks that have an existing spray-in liner or no bed liner. The all-new design has an integrated tailgate gap guard hinge that connects the bed piece to the tailgate piece. The polypropylene top layer construction offers a flat work surface, that is slip and skid resistant. The ¾” padded layer provides dent and impact resistance while offering a cushion for your knees while crawling around in your truck bed. The XLT Mat install in minutes using hook and loop fasteners to install without the need to prep, sand or drill holes into your truck bed.

The XLT Mat is made to fit your specific make and model, filling in the ribs and contours of the truck bed to provide a smooth, void-free loading surface. The integrated tailgate hinge covers the gap between your truck bed and the tailgate, this will eliminate the annoying build-up of debris between the two pieces. This mat will protect your truck while standing up to whatever you can throw at it: from mulch to bleach. The XLT Mat’s polypropylene material is fade and UV resistant. The ¾" thick foam is similar to that used in life jackets and will not absorb water, resisting mold and mildew. Water will simply run off the surface.
Sponsored

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
I have that same BedRug Mat XL in my Ford. Like the mat as opposed to the bed rug that goes up the side of the bed.

If you install yourself and you have a line, it it my understanding that you have to get some sort of spray that Bed Rug sells to help the velcor adhesive to stick.

I plan on getting the mat for my JT in the spring

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Glad I cleared my eyes and looked again, I was sure you said that bedbugs were available......... ugh.

I want one of these - the bed liner is nice but it's hard on the knees and yeah, dragging wood across is leaves sawdust, it eats cardboard boxes and it's hard to drag heavy stuff out. That's a pro and a con - my other plastic bed liner in my Chevy, stuff slid all over the place. First stop a box was clean up to the front so I kept a long hooked rod in the truck bed to pull boxes back.

Man I want one of these

Sponsored

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Glad I cleared my eyes and looked again, I was sure you said that bedbugs were available......... ugh.

I want one of these - the bed liner is nice but it's hard on the knees and yeah, dragging wood across is leaves sawdust, it eats cardboard boxes and it's hard to drag heavy stuff out. That's a pro and a con - my other plastic bed liner in my Chevy, stuff slid all over the place. First stop a box was clean up to the front so I kept a long hooked rod in the truck bed to pull boxes back.

Man I want one of these
The Bedrug in my Raptor is awesome. Very durable, you can power wash it clean, vacuum it, holds up to abuse, looks great and it’s not slippery but not as abrasive, obviously, as the spray-in bed liner. It’s an ideal add-on to the sprayed liner.

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I cancelled mine yesterday. Ordered it black friday. Had it be pushed out every other week till on Monday I asked again when it would ship and they said another 30 days... I gave up and went with a spray in

remlemasi

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I cancelled mine yesterday. Ordered it black friday. Had it be pushed out every other week till on Monday I asked again when it would ship and they said another 30 days... I gave up and went with a spray in
I ordered from realtruck.com on BF. Direct was back ordered.

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR

Sponsored

remlemasi

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I have the "rubberish" bedrug in my gladiator (can't recall name lol). It's nice and fits well, for $200 I'm very pleased.
I ordered free samples from BedRug. Came with both this rubberish sample you have, which is closer to spray-in, and the standard carpetish sample, which I ended up going with. I wanted whatever would be easier on the knees as this will be primarily for overlanding and I won’t be putting much dirt, rocks, or construction gear in the back.

I recommend anyone who wants to feel the materials before committing, go ahead and order the free samples.

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The Bedrug material I have in my Raptor and will order for my Gladiator is their "Classic Bed Mat" - polypropylene material. From their website:

BedRug bed mats are designed to work with factory truck beds as well as spray in liners or plastic drop in liners. Much like the BedRug, the BedRug Mat is made to fit your specific make and model and will give you the look and feel of carpet in an ultra-tough 100% polypropylene (essentially plastic) product. It will protect your truck while standing up to whatever you can throw at it. The mat liner is gas, oil, bleach, and chemical resistant and offers easy cleanup. With its cushioned foam non-skid surface, it will keep everything in place while protecting your cargo and your knees.

The BedRug Mat material is fade and UV resistant. Made of foam similar to that used in life jackets, it doesn't absorb water and will not mold or mildew. Just clean it with a hose, power washer or vacuum and your BedRug Mat is good as new.

They also have BedTred material.

Here's a video about the difference:

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

JTsJT

First Name
J.T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Gator" Ford Excursion Diesel, Toyota FJ, Jeep XJ, Cadillac CTSV LSX Twin Turbo