Beeping when turning on JLUR

rolandal

First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2018
Every time I start my new JLUR, it makes a "pew pew pew" beeping noise - what is this and what does it mean?
Sponsored

NorCalSahara

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Every time I start my new JLUR, it makes a "pew pew pew" beeping noise - what is this and what does it mean?
I don’t have a pew pew sound. But I do get a single beep. No warning light or messages displayed and it sounds different than the air alert warnings. Still have no idea. And it doesn’t happen every time. Annoying.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

I am having the same problem. it makes the " pew " sound about 5 times without an error code nor dash light indicating anything wrong. wrangler runs just fine and starts each time but it does happen almost every time i start it. I thought maybe the key fob was faulty so i changed to the second one given by the dealer and it didn't help the problem. Has anyone else found the cause of this? This is my first Jeep and i am kinda bummed as this started about 3 days after buying it brand new

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I’ve known “pew” to mean everything from a church bench to the sound of a gunshot. Kinda hard to go by just that.

Sponsored

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
That's the sound that my flux capacitor makes when I fire it up...just sayin'. :)

kacper244

First Name
Kacper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S, 2016 VW Jetta, 1993 Wrangler YJ (Sold)
Is your seatbelt buckled when it beeps? I’m pretty sure it beeps to let you know to buckle up. :idea:

Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

love the led pew pew pew meme! I’ll check on the seat belt in the morning but it isn’t the same sound as the normal seat belt warning indication. I also noticed it chimes ten times each time upon start up. (Within seconds of starting) My Jeep only has 900 miles on it. It started at like 600miles. I hope to figure it out soon. It’s kind of annoying

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

Her is the start up on the Jeep. The beep happens ten times. I am searching the manual trying to figure it out. After watching it I did notice the battery light was on above the temp gauge.for about a second at 10 seconds into the video. Maybe I have one of the bad batteries?

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
It is haunted by the ghost of Han Solo
Dang, you beat me to it. I was going to say it was the storm trooper edition, but I like the haunt better.

Brian, is it possible that it's telling you the alarm was triggered? I know some alarm systems will chime differently to let you know the alarm went off so you can check for damage/theft. The on I had would do the notification chime every start-up until you reset it to acknowledge that you got the "message". I don't know if Jeep's alarm works like that or not (I guess I should read the manual), but if it's like my old system you just have to activate the alarm via the fob (instead of proximity lock) to reset the notification.

Or maybe it is Solo. Beats me, I've never heard that chime before.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Found this on another forum:

"Had same experience on my 2018 Wrangler JL Sport S only 2 weeks old. It seems to be a solvable glitch. I got rid of mine by switching from satellite radio to FM and restarting. Now, no siren at startup, even though I switched back to satellite. Apparently the sound comes through the speaker system...."

"...When I listen to my ipod through the head unit, attached through the USB cable in the console, and turn off the Jeep while the ipod is still selected, it will make that sound when I start it up, and the head unit defaults to FM radio.
If I am listening to the radio, and turn off the Jeep while the radio is still selected, it will not make that sound when I start it up, and FM is still selected.
SO I'm guessing it has something to do with the Stereo system and switching modes on start up... "

It doesn't sound like there was any definitive answer/solution, but you may want to try messing with the radio to see if that helps.
Sponsored