First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
HVAC-R
Trying to plan some Gladiator/Jeep meet-ups. I have read the thread ( https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/great-lakes-gladiator-rally.16176/ ) in the "Great Lakes" section about a meet-up for the whole region. I think the last meet-up was at the Jeep Camp event in Wisconsin a few years ago. That looked really fun, thanks to all of the effort to rally forum members and provide many laughs @steffen707 ! I know that Ohio has Jeep Fest in Toledo, and Michigan has Detroit 4Fest at Holly Oaks, and Pennsylvania has the Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival. I would like to attend these events, but also think it would be cool if we organized some meet-ups that were more "low-key," hit some trails and select a cool restaurant that is nearby said trails/meet-up and grab a meal after wheeling. As far as location, doesn't necessarily have to be in Ohio, but was wanting to start "small" hopefully gain some traction after a few meet-ups around the state showcasing what different forum member's local trail spots have to offer. I know there are several Jeep clubs in the state and quite a few Gladiator forum members from all over the Buckeye State. I am unaware of any Ohio Jeep clubs that are specifically JT only (please respond if there is) maybe there will be an Ohio JT club in the near future! ;)

Would be awesome if anyone interested in this idea or has any other related ideas would respond and spread the message to your Jeep clubs, other Jeep or off-roading forums, ect... Participation in any meet-ups definitely does not require driving/owing a Gladiator or Jeep (just pushing for any fellow Ohio JT owners from this forum to speak up if they are interested.) Any and all "trail riding," "wheeling," "off-roading," ect... enthusiast is welcome!

After a few Ohio meet-ups, would also be cool to plan a larger meet-up including other "Great Lakes" forum members. I can guess that @steffen707 would be on board to help plan/set-up a meet-up bridging JT forum members from this region.
Sponsored

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
Great idea! When (if) I get my JT delivered count me in!

OLAF 4X4

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Party Chief
I’m 45 min East of Columbus. Buckeye Lake area. My family (Wife, 5 year old daughter and 2 year old son) love to find back gravel roads and abandoned township roads. Yesterday we explored the AEP RecLand in Morgan county. The children loved the Big Musky Bucket! Keep us posted ! Thank you!

69DE18D9-A998-4B18-B33B-C8A5060FC6DA.jpeg

A04468AC-2073-44F2-A196-9DA707B5B448.jpeg

ABABEEAF-B684-410B-B5C4-B54F1E1C40F9.jpeg

74878033-2E07-4CA6-81EE-7A3629A465C6.png

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I’m 45 min East of Columbus. Buckeye Lake area. My family (Wife, 5 year old daughter and 2 year old son) love to find back gravel roads and abandoned township roads. Yesterday we explored the AEP RecLand in Morgan county. The children loved the Big Musky Bucket! Keep us posted ! Thank you!
I had never even heard of this place. I did some research and the whole area looks pretty legit, with a 15-mile MTB course nearby. I will definitely check this out (unfortunately, it's a 2 hour drive from the North side of Cbus).

Thanks for recommending this place!

OLAF 4X4

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Party Chief
I had never even heard of this place. I did some research and the whole area looks pretty legit, with a 15-mile MTB course nearby. I will definitely check this out (unfortunately, it's a 2 hour drive from the North side of Cbus).

Thanks for recommending this place!
Its mainly just dirt/gravel roads around the area. There are a couple of small stream crossings and a couple of slightly rough roads but nothing drastic. Its mainly just scenery cruising. Definitely stop and see the Musky bucket and read the history of it. Very interesting! The Wilds is right there also nice place to stop and visit. If you like to do any kayaking there are lots of ponds with very clear water. It was our first trip there last weekend.
Jeep Gladiator Beginnings of Ohio JT/Jeep Club??? AEP RecLand Ma

https://www.aep.com/recreation/areas/recreationland

Sponsored

OP
OP
R0BSTR0SITY

R0BSTR0SITY

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
HVAC-R
Its mainly just dirt/gravel roads around the area. There are a couple of small stream crossings and a couple of slightly rough roads but nothing drastic. Its mainly just scenery cruising. Definitely stop and see the Musky bucket and read the history of it. Very interesting! The Wilds is right there also nice place to stop and visit. If you like to do any kayaking there are lots of ponds with very clear water. It was our first trip there last weekend.
Jeep Gladiator Beginnings of Ohio JT/Jeep Club??? AEP RecLand Ma

https://www.aep.com/recreation/areas/recreationland
Thanks for sharing the information about this area, I also have never of it. I was looking for a destination to take the family for a drive this weekend. It is forecasted to be chilly on Saturday, but we are planning on checking it out. Just printed out the required AEP ReCreation permit.

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Woohoo! 3 members of the newly-formed Ohio JT Club! We rock 😂 And I don't even have my JT yet...

OLAF 4X4

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Party Chief
Thanks for sharing the information about this area, I also have never of it. I was looking for a destination to take the family for a drive this weekend. It is forecasted to be chilly on Saturday, but we are planning on checking it out. Just printed out the required AEP ReCreation permit.
If you have time take the Children to the Wilds. Mine love it.

https://reservations.thewilds.org/Info.aspx?EventID=1

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
R0BSTR0SITY

R0BSTR0SITY

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
HVAC-R
My kids, wife and I really enjoyed cruising the gravel roads of the AEP ReCreation Lands today. Lots of trails and beautiful scenery to explore. Big Muskie Bucket is no joke, very impressive in-person, plus cool history!
Thanks again for the recommendation @OLAF 4X4 !

Jeep Gladiator Beginnings of Ohio JT/Jeep Club??? 1636853229815

Jeep Gladiator Beginnings of Ohio JT/Jeep Club??? 1636853292897

Jeep Gladiator Beginnings of Ohio JT/Jeep Club??? 1636853348061

Jeep Gladiator Beginnings of Ohio JT/Jeep Club??? 1636853399439

Sponsored

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Gentlemen, I am officially a member!

Jeep Gladiator Beginnings of Ohio JT/Jeep Club??? 1639194604410

OLAF 4X4

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Party Chief
Headed to check out Rush Off-road in Kentucky February 5th. Anyone interested?

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
That place looks really cool. The timing for me is perfect as I'll be in Athens that weekend and could take another 1.5 hrs to get to Rush.... but, the timing is not perfect for anyone else in my family that will be with me 🤬

Have fun, and post some pics! I'll try and get down there this Spring if you say it's worth it.

OLAF 4X4

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Party Chief
Anyone going to southington off-road this Sunday?
Sponsored