First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GLI, 2020 Mercedes GLB, 2022 Mojave
Occupation
Systems Engineer
No matter what happened and whose fault it is, there's obviously a misunderstanding on what a Mojave's reinforced frame actually entails.
Sponsored

KC_H

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Well.. I wonder if I'm the first Mojave to have a bent frame in the U.S.
Yup, my 2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave's frame is bent.
The best part is the Service Dept. manager's reason for denying a warranty claim at San Diego Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram. Currently working on a YouTube video about it, but basically my hitch receiver is scratched, therefore that voids warranty... Truly bummed because the Mojave's selling point is that reinforced frame.

I'll update and upload photos soon.

Anyone out there dealt with similar?
You might have your lawyer contact their legal dept and mention Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, but you have to be willing to back it up with filing suit. I rarely works out well for the dealer or the manufacturer...

Ps. This is not legal advice, I simply stayed at a holiday inn express last night...

Sponsored

foo.c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 Corvette
You might have your lawyer contact their legal dept and mention Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, but you have to be willing to back it up with filing suit. I rarely works out well for the dealer or the manufacturer...

Ps. This is not legal advice, I simply stayed at a holiday inn last night...
It's not worth it. Just be a grownup and fix it and move on with your life.

You will eventually break/damage something offroad.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow

Ps. This is not legal advice, I simply stayed at a holiday inn express last night...
How is this a Magnuson-Moss issue? MM is for using non OEM replacement parts or having service work done by someone other than the dealer.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
If you call about the M-M Act at this point, it'll show that you don't really understand the provisions of that Act. It is mainly used to say that #1 the warranty must be non-ambiguous, #2 use of non-branded parts are not grounds for warranty dismissal and #3 the warrantor cannot make restrictions on the warrantee due to a valid claim.

The first step here is to show that there was a manufacturing defect that led to the bent frame. If they then refuse to honor your claim, then you bring that up. Not before.

So far there hasn't been any explanation to when this occurred, where it is, or what indications show that there was a defect present. The fact that the frame got bent is not an indication of a manufacturing defect in and of itself. If you want a strong case, start by answering all those questions solidly.

Last edited:

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Well.. I wonder if I'm the first Mojave to have a bent frame in the U.S.
Yup, my 2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave's frame is bent.
The best part is the Service Dept. manager's reason for denying a warranty claim at San Diego Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram. Currently working on a YouTube video about it, but basically my hitch receiver is scratched, therefore that voids warranty... Truly bummed because the Mojave's selling point is that reinforced frame.

I'll update and upload photos soon.

Anyone out there dealt with similar?
Go to another dealership

Sponsored

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow - Sarge Green
love these threads loaded with details. [eyeroll] .... "my frame is bent and the dealership is denying it under warranty"....but I didn't do anything". So did it magically bend itself sitting in your driveway? It takes a lot of force to bend a frame......so what aren't you telling us?

f33d

First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
I wonder how many years it will be when jeep releases a statement for bent Mojave frames “hey guys it is reinforced but stop doing dumb shit, it’s not bulletproof”

So reinforced frame doesn’t mean I can’t sent it like that ford raptor?

7D808B37-4D12-417A-AF80-4D0E8C224C8A.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.