Sponsored

Best 3.5" dash speakers? (direct replacement, no amps, no other speakers)

19Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built JKUR to an F150 FX4, to my 2022 Mojave!
Sorry guys, I searched and searched, and I am more confused than I started.

I have the alpine premium 8.4" in my stock Mojave. I am not an audiophile. It is actually so bad, I thought the stock was "ok" but could be better. I don't want amps, etc. Just looking for a little improvement. I doubt I will swap my roll bar speakers.

I saw somebody post that they really like the JBL club 322F for $80. https://www.crutchfield.com/S-kUTDiapBQwb/p_109CL322F/JBL-Club-322F.html

So I went to Crutchfield website, and they recommend 3 speakers for my dash, and they are all about the same price, and none of them are the JBL.
Jeep Gladiator Best 3.5" dash speakers? (direct replacement, no amps, no other speakers) 1664227855372

What are everyone's experiences and opinions?
Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

MemphisMississipp

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport Max Tow Pkg Gobi
Occupation
Retired Fed X truck driver
I hope you get Some good answers, nuthin better than great sounding speakers

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
I do not have these speakers but it is easy enough to replace the 3.5s in the dash and the sound bar.

I have Alpine Tweeters in the front dash.

Last edited:

dinosaurkun

First Name
dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM-ordered
i've used the Infinity Reference speakers in other vehicles in past.
i think they sound quite nice.
i've used the JBLs Clubs in the past, as well, but i didn't enjoy them as much.
stock head unit runs with 2ohm impedance...so either the JBL or the Infinity speakers will be closest to that - both 3ohm.
the Kicker and Hertz ones run with 4ohms, so they might be slightly quieter than the others on the stock head unit.
the Infinity Reference speakers also have a higher sensitivity rating than the JBL...dunno how much difference it'd make though.

Sponsored

OP
OP
19Delta

19Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
I installed the 3.5" Infinity Reference REF-3032cfx speakers in the dash & sound bar. I did just the dash first and it was a huge improvement. I took the chance and bought mine on amazon for 1/2 of what crutchfield sells them for.

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
Those look nice, but most speakers I'm looking at are under $100. At $250, do you think these are over twice as good?
TBH ... I did not hear other options to compare. The reviews were outstanding and the design specific for the JT/JL with a money back return if not happy sold me. The difference in clarity is night and day. Not disappointed that's for sure ..

OP
OP
19Delta

19Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed the 3.5" Infinity Reference REF-3032cfx speakers in the dash & sound bar. I did just the dash first and it was a huge improvement. I took the chance and bought mine on amazon for 1/2 of what crutchfield sells them for.
Were they plug and play?

Sponsored

OP
OP
19Delta

19Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is the sounds bar the same 3.5 as the dash? I'm seeing a 4 pack on Amazon for $80. What's the difference to crutchfield? Infinity - Two Pairs of REF-3032CFX Reference 3.5 Inch Two-Way car Audio Speakers https://a.co/d/fhDIOY9

mert34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
diffrence is crutchfield gives you the master sheets of how to install them and the wiring adapters to make it mostly plug and play. amazon is just the speakers but a lower price and you can get the adapters pretty cheap, still coming out ahead.

sound bar has a 3.5 and 4 inch speakers in them on my mojave.

I changed all mine out but two of the speakers with the included harness from crutchfield had a different polarity on them so i had to repin them to get them to match what was from factory.

dinosaurkun

First Name
dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM-ordered
Crutchfield has some pretty amazing customer support, and if needed, they'll usually give you an electronic set of instructions as well as any relevant wiring harnesses and adapter plates from Metra. Amazon will not do that. However, those extras are usually less than $10 a piece.

In addition, I've bought some "new" items (including speakers) from Amazon (as well as the 3rd party sellers) and the results have varied. Usually, I get exactly what I ordered. Occasionally, I'll get clearly damaged/used/open-box items. So it's a bit more of a crap shoot with Amazon. If you stick to ones with guaranteed free returns, it's a bit safer.