Sponsored

Best dash cam that records on motion when your not in the gladiator.

Stonesolo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport S
Occupation
Printer
Looking for a good dash cam that's not real expensive and do they record when your not in the vehicle?
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Stonesolo

Stonesolo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport S
Occupation
Printer
I got a HP dash cam off Amazon for $50 and it works great and has lane departure, speed warning and speed camera alerts on it. It also records when not in the vehicle if hard wired. Most of them have to be hardwired to record when your not in the vehicle because they don't have batteries in them. I've been pleased with mine, it serves its purpose.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081YDMC3J/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_FtJuFb81XSE7W

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081YDMC3J/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_FtJuFb81XSE7W

Thank you

Monorail_Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU
I understand you specified inexpensive, but I've had really good luck with the BlackVue cameras. Again, more expensive but if you want the added features of 4k, wifi, and dual channels they are a very good product and you get what you pay for. Check out The DashCam Store, they're good to deal with. Lots of accessories for hardwiring too.

OP
OP
Stonesolo

Stonesolo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport S
Occupation
Printer
I understand you specified inexpensive, but I've had really good luck with the BlackVue cameras. Again, more expensive but if you want the added features of 4k, wifi, and dual channels they are a very good product and you get what you pay for. Check out The DashCam Store, they're good to deal with. Lots of accessories for hardwiring too.
I will...thank you

Sponsored

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I didn't go with the BlackVue only because of cost. But they do motion detect and allow to record when the vehicle is off. OwlCam works well too, and functions like the Ring doorbell, to where it will record to a cloud, really good if someone breaks in and steals the camera to avoid getting caught.

atoy74

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I've had BlackVue for many years now. Highly recommend. The biggest differentiator (for me) is their parking mode. Best in the biz. It records before the event, not just on impact and after.

Monorail_Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU
I've had BlackVue for many years now. Highly recommend. The biggest differentiator (for me) is their parking mode. Best in the biz. It records before the event, not just on impact and after.
This is what sold me as well. I figured if I ever needed it to get me out of a jam, it would be worth the upgrade over one without that ability.

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
I have both a BlackVue DR750 2 channel and a Thinkware U1000 4k 2 channel. Of the two I like the BlackVue app more, but the Thinkware camera system is more stable. BlackVue doesn’t like aftermarket micro SD cards.

Sponsored

Monorail_Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU
I haven't had an issue with the non-BlackVue branded SD cards. I'm running a SanDisk in mine (DR650GW-1CH). As long as it's a class 10 card it should work. At the time I got mine, is was far less expensive to buy a larger SanDisk SD card and not use theirs included vs. upgrading to the larger BlackVue card.

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
I haven't had an issue with the non-BlackVue branded SD cards. I'm running a SanDisk in mine (DR650GW-1CH). As long as it's a class 10 card it should work. At the time I got mine, is was far less expensive to buy a larger SanDisk SD card and not use theirs included vs. upgrading to the larger BlackVue card.
I have a Sandisk Extreme Plus 128gb card in both dashcams, the BlackVue from time to time will speak out “Please check SD card” annoying. And yes I’ve reformatted it, still get the error sometimes.

atoy74

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I had that issue with my 650 but not with the 750-2CH. I've been running the 750 now for about 3-4 years and that SD is still going strong. Maybe luck of the draw. It wouldn't surprise me if you switch to a different HD SD...it wouldnt fix the problem.

Logan94605

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Things & Stuff
I didn't go with the BlackVue only because of cost. But they do motion detect and allow to record when the vehicle is off. OwlCam works well too, and functions like the Ring doorbell, to where it will record to a cloud, really good if someone breaks in and steals the camera to avoid getting caught.
Didn't Owl Cam go belly up?

IrishRob

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
Didn't Owl Cam go belly up?
According to the company’s website, it has been acquired by a company called Xirgo Technologies. As a result, Owlcams are no longer available for purchase and support for current Owlcam owners is suspended. PC World pieced together a chronology of the events that led to the sale of Owl Camera Inc... Xirgo Technologies confirmed to PC World that the company is exploring solutions for support for existing Owl customers, but nothing has been solidified.
Sponsored