Best setup to help kids get into a Jeep

BlueCT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Anyone with young kids has probably thought about how to make it easier for their kids to get into and out of their Jeep. Let’s get a post going that can bring together all the creative solutions for how to make your Jeep more kid friendly. I’m specifically looking for the best rock rails and grab handles and placement of them for kids but lets not limit this thread to that. I’m love that my girls love my Jeep and I want to make it fun and easy for them so anything you have done to make your Jeep more kid friendly post it here. I traded my GLE 450 coupe Mercedes for the Gladiator LE and my girls love it and so do I, so there’s no going back. The great thing about jeeps is how much you can customize them and kids are a big part of our lives so lets figure this out together.

I found someone who made a paracord Handle for kids on Etsy. Looks simple enough but I don’t really like the way it hangs from the headrest. I was think maybe something from the Molle system on the back of the seat.

I’m also going to need to add rock sliders so there is a step. I like the ones from Ace engineering. They look good IMO and I love that you can keep the stock rubicon rails on. The only thing I’m not sure about is the height of the step \ rail, is it low enough? If anyone could measure that for me on a stock rubicon or LE that would be great. Any recommendations for rock rails that have a lower more kid friendly step that work with the stock rails would also be great.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/706392...SNQi4mkoSpPwiXoFEeWhrCyRwlBAxEvUaAo6GEALw_wcB
Sponsored

OP
OP

BlueCT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Here’s a picture of the handle I saw on Etsy in case it is gone when people look for it later. Looks easy enough to make, I might make it myself. I want to find a better place to attach a handle for a kid.

C264365C-E9C6-447C-8383-7E99D221D7F9.jpeg

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant

Sponsored

KAT$JT

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
~ 2020 Punk'n Metallic Rubicon JT ~ 2019 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack ~
Occupation
Director of IT
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s a picture of the handle I saw on Etsy in case it is gone when people look for it later. Looks easy enough to make, I might make it myself. I want to find a better place to attach a handle for a kid.

Those will work great for my kids. Thanks for pointing those out, I ordered a set.

khurram51280

First Name
Khurram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I am in the same boat. I just bought my first Jeep every. My 8 year old son was a big part of my ordering process and will be a big part of customizing it. Its kind of like a father son thing. I also have a 3 year old daughter who loves the jeep but it's very difficult for them to get in. So me and my son have been looking and thinking of ideas. My wife is also short. I am just so happy that my 8 year old son is excited about this jeep.

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer heywood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
every gladiator you could want
I’d start them with a mini electric Jeep, step them up to an XJ with extras....

ohhhhh you’re looking for something that doesn’t get them addicted like crack. Lol ;)

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Step 1 - remove JT roof
Step 2 - position child under gantry crane (see pic below)
Step 3 - secure child to hook on gantry crane lift
Step 4 - raise child about 6 feet into the air
Step 5 - back JT under gantry crane and child, aligning back seat of JT directly under child
Step 6 - Place JT in Park (Neutral if a stick, secure parking brake)
Step 7 - lower child into seat and unhook same from hook
etc. etc. etc.

Red device below is actually a "child inserter" accessory for Gladiator.

gantry-crane-jeep.jpg

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase

ordered one! Great find

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
I have a set of Ace Engineering rock rails on my JKU. That's worked well for my kids/spouse for years.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security

This is a great idea. I might need to see if I can convince my 8 year old daughter to make one of these for her younger sister. Only thing that worries me is will this blow around and hit her when the doors are off?

I am in the same boat. I just bought my first Jeep every. My 8 year old son was a big part of my ordering process and will be a big part of customizing it. Its kind of like a father son thing. I also have a 3 year old daughter who loves the jeep but it's very difficult for them to get in. So me and my son have been looking and thinking of ideas. My wife is also short. I am just so happy that my 8 year old son is excited about this jeep.
My 8 year old son is in love with this thing as well, wants to me to drive it any chance we get. He sat in it for hours in the driveway the weekend I brought it home. I am pretty convinced my 5 year old hates it though, lol. Between me and my son always taking the top off and the difficulty she has getting in she is not happy. I keep joking that I am going to put a lift kit on it everytime she acts up.

Cleankat

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Who makes those? How was the install? Do they replace the stock rails or go on top of them.
Go Rhino...they replace the stock running boards, install easy maybe an hour. Apparently I put them on backwards, but if I did I sure can't tell lol. They work out well kids love it and so does the wife.
Sponsored