Sponsored

Best tonneau covers?

Little_Feller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Overland
I know this has probably been discussed a thousand times here, although I can't easily find a thread for it, so apologizing in advance!! I'm looking to get my tonneau cover and was considering the Undercover Ultra vs Armor Flex. Any opinions why one is better than the other, or why I should consider something else altogether? I am leaning Armor just because of the Line-X, but it also pushes the price up.
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I know this has probably been discussed a thousand times here, although I can't easily find a thread for it, so apologizing in advance!! I'm looking to get my tonneau cover and was considering the Undercover Ultra vs Armor Flex. Any opinions why one is better than the other, or why I should consider something else altogether? I am leaning Armor just because of the Line-X, but it also pushes the price up.
Here's what Google found...
https://www.partcatalog.com/pages/undercover-flex-vs-undercover-ultra-flex

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The best cover is whatever the responding person owns.
The first one to mention a specific brand and model will see a lot of "me too" of course.
I've had several, my neighbor has had several, we both use our trucks in the same way so go for the same type or style, even if different brands.
Figure out first your need as far as type - how will you use the truck, what's important to YOU. What some deem important isn't important for me. I chose mine because of how I use my truck and cover. Others use theirs differently so will disagree with my choice.

Unbreakable

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S 3.0
I have an Undercover Ultra Flex and would not recommend it. The seals were cracked when I received it, they did "warranty" the seals. They sent me a single length of seal that I had to cut to length and cut out all the areas where it folds. I did it on a nice sunny 65 degree day and the first time I opened it started cracking again. Here's some pictures of how I received the cover.
Jeep Gladiator Best tonneau covers? 20220402_184902
Jeep Gladiator Best tonneau covers? 20220402_184843
Jeep Gladiator Best tonneau covers? 20220402_184857
Jeep Gladiator Best tonneau covers? 20220402_184848

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I have always liked options.
You head hours out of state, and need to load up the back, it's out of the way.

Jeep Gladiator Best tonneau covers? 20211201_154807
Want to haul some long stuff with tailgate up, you flip up the end and leave the rest of the bed covered. Want to put a truck tent in the back, roll it up, take out two bolts and lift it off.

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone is gonna have their own opinion but as far as best tonneau cover.... hands down Diamondback owns that spot for me. Thing is Bombproof.
Best mod on my truck.

Jeep Gladiator Best tonneau covers? C63423B1-1976-4357-B90D-C9AF56021E91

Jeep Gladiator Best tonneau covers? 735EB6C5-D29D-4A8C-B01D-D412F5343A53

Jeep Gladiator Best tonneau covers? 91D112AC-B195-4E19-98A4-0A459137475B

Jeep Gladiator Best tonneau covers? 657DD13C-ADBA-4371-A5D4-9BC14C4718D2

Last edited:

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
I have an Undercover Ultra Flex and would not recommend it. The seals were cracked when I received it, they did "warranty" the seals. They sent me a single length of seal that I had to cut to length and cut out all the areas where it folds. I did it on a nice sunny 65 degree day and the first time I opened it started cracking again. Here's some pictures of how I received the cover.
That’s what I had on my last truck. I’ll second your feedback…for the money…it’s an absolute piece of crap.

In my case, I used the truck as a truck and would routinely fold the panels back. Through repetitive closing, I eventually had screws popping out. The dealer was good about it and would replace them, but eventually through havIng to continually tighten the screws, the threads stripped out. I eventually got more screws and installed them with a BUNCH of loc-tite to keep them in place.

The alignment of the closing mechanism for the rear panel would get out of whack too. That and regardless of how the dealer adjusted the top and the drains, I had a good amount of rain water collect in the bed. The ~$350 button-up cover I had on my old F-150 did a better job of keeping in-bed items dry.

Given the out the price of that unit (~$1,000), that was one of the biggest (if not the biggest) disappointments of any vehicle accessory that I’ve ever purchased.

Sponsored

abe57

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
retired
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has a Pro X15 by Truxedo.com it's a canvas roll-up and it was already on the truck when I bought it and I would not change it out . Very nicely made and adjustable for tension for different weather conditions to keep it tight. I have driven is good storms and never a water leak . Plus it locks in on the LH side and with the tail gate locked no way to open it other than cutting the fabric.

ThorJT

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport s
Occupation
Panel saw operator
I have the proven ground soft trifold bed cover. It's decent but I paid $360 for it so I didn't expect much. Good for the money. It keeps I'd say 80-90% of the water and dirt out. I'd suggest it if you're not always hauling something in the bed you need covered.

I'm looking for a hard roll up to replace it at some point so I'll still have near full use of the bed when I'm out and about and need it and can't fully remove the cover.

Klicht87

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Veteran/DoD Program Analyst
Mine has a Pro X15 by Truxedo.com it's a canvas roll-up and it was already on the truck when I bought it and I would not change it out . Very nicely made and adjustable for tension for different weather conditions to keep it tight. I have driven is good storms and never a water leak . Plus it locks in on the LH side and with the tail gate locked no way to open it other than cutting the fabric.
I just purchased the pro x15 and really like it. I've had truxedo products in the past and will continue to do business with them.

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Mine came with this and I really like it.
https://bakindustries.com/revolver-x4

PXL_20220310_174247214.jpg

P1020683.JPG
I have the same Revolver X4s and very happy too so far. Fits extremely well, easy install, great support from RealTruck. PM them in the forum and you can get a fantastic forum discount price. If I had not gotten that I would have gone with the Diamond back. My decision process was security based plus access to bed since we will be towing and storing the back. Diamondback was 20 pounds heavier so I did not do that since I want as much payload as possible.
Sponsored