First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Sales
My wife and I are heading out west from South Carolina Thursday. We have 10 day to ride trails in a stock Rubicon. What can I do?

Joe
Sponsored

jtimbrook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
Do you know where in Utah and Arizona you'll be going too? There's way too much to list without knowing where exactly you'll be at.

OP
OP
O'Joe

O'Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Sales
Do you know where in Utah and Arizona you'll be going too? There's way too much to list without knowing where exactly you'll be at.
Heading to Sedona first (Hope to be there by Saturday) but no real plans. I just want to ride.

jtimbrook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
I'd start with this website first then: https://www.jeeptheusa.com/ it's got a lot of good trails especially for all levels and you can download the .gpx file onto whatever mapping system you prefer to use. I used it a lot when we went to the Flagstaff/ Sedona area... More importantly have a great time out there!!!

MoparToYou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Poison Spider Mesa, Kane Creek, and Chicken Corners in Moab are stock Jeep passable trails that offer great scenery.

White Rim Trail north of Moab is scenic and could be done easily in a stock Rubicon.

Eagle Canyon, In the San Rafael Swell, just off of I-70 between Green River and Salina, is also scenic, and a little more challenging. It could still be done in a stock Rubicon. Anywhere in the San Rafael Swell would be nice to explore. The Devil's Race Track is a fun trail. Conover Wash is fun as well. The toughest section in the area was Fix-it Pass, which has been graded in the last year, and now stock Jeep do able.

Sponsored

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
In Sedona, check out Schneblys Trail. Rocky but easy. Views cannot be beat.

Don’t forget to sign in to get you Jeep Badge of Honor If you do schneblys.

Depending on how adventurous you are, you can check out the back road to Crown King.

There are a ton of trails here in AZ. As suggested jeeptheusa is a good look at them.

Mouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
The Pony express trail in southern Utah

Jcsii

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR / TJ / CJ5 / MB
Occupation
Elec Eng
If your going straight to Moab from Sedona make sure you go through monument valley and Mexican hat.
I think you need a permit for the white rim trail at canyon lands but I believe potash road (look for the rock art) to shafer trail does not. Long canyon was a little tricky at the top for stock last year but not bad.
I am in Charlotte , I usually do that trip in the fall so I can tie in Colorado (Ouray area). Spring I stay south, Big Bend and Carlsbad Caverns are not to bad a drive from the Carolinas.

RidinDirty

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
If your going straight to Moab from Sedona make sure you go through monument valley and Mexican hat.
I think you need a permit for the white rim trail at canyon lands but I believe potash road (look for the rock art) to shafer trail does not. Long canyon was a little tricky at the top for stock last year but not bad.
I am in Charlotte , I usually do that trip in the fall so I can tie in Colorado (Ouray area). Spring I stay south, Big Bend and Carlsbad Caverns are not to bad a drive from the Carolinas.
I would check before making plans for Monument Valley as it was closed when we went a couple of weeks ago due to COVID.

AZJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I would check before making plans for Monument Valley as it was closed when we went a couple of weeks ago due to COVID.
Glad someone else pointed this out - yes, many areas in the NE corner (Navajo Nation) are still closed off to visitors, so definitely check/plan ahead.

Sponsored

AZJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
In Sedona, check out Schneblys Trail. Rocky but easy. Views cannot be beat.

Don’t forget to sign in to get you Jeep Badge of Honor If you do schneblys.
Schnebly Hill is DEFINITELY ROCKY, but a bit fun and I agree - the views are amazing.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Same. It was closed Feb 14th weekend. Probably still closed. That said, you can still drive "through" the area, which is beautiful. There are two ways to Moab from that area. The Monument Valley side is a bit slower but not by a lot (~30 minutes or so?).
Sponsored