First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
realtor
I bought Sunrider top for my Gladiator. Since Bestop had the promo for $100 rebate I went ahead and upgraded to the twill top for $849. Started filling out the rebate form and guess what part number is not showing the rebate... Yes the basic top part number shows but not the twill.

How do I get support from Bestop on this? I called the rebate center and no luck. I sat on hold on their sales line. I was caller 1 and only got the message they would call back if I didnt want to hold.

Would I get better response going over to their corporate office?
Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I bought Sunrider top for my Gladiator. Since Bestop had the promo for $100 rebate I went ahead and upgraded to the twill top for $849. Started filling out the rebate form and guess what part number is not showing the rebate... Yes the basic top part number shows but not the twill.

How do I get support from Bestop on this? I called the rebate center and no luck. I sat on hold on their sales line. I was caller 1 and only got the message they would call back if I didnt want to hold.

Would I get better response going over to their corporate office?
When did you order?

Bestop had a rebate back in the April, and they kind of made a mess of things with the rebates on the twill top.

Then they had two other offerings since then, but the twill was not included.

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Good luck. I bought a Twill Sunrider when the $200 rebate was valid and mailed in the rebate form on 4/11. Have yet to receive anything. Trying to get any info or updates is impossible. Good thing there is nothing else from Bestop that I want because I would be hard pressed to want to do business with them again.

OP
OP

Oak

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
realtor
When did you order?

Bestop had a rebate back in the April, and they kind of made a mess of things with the rebates on the twill top.

Then they had two other offerings since then, but the twill was not included.
I ordered this month and was just getting ready to send it in when I saw the issue. If this happened before, you would think they would either state that it isn't included or remove the graphic showing the rebate.

It is amazing that you can't even get them on the phone through the sales department. Maybe visiting them in person will get me some help.

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I just received my rebate ... it did take a couple of months. They did revise the rebate on the twill at some point ... a recent purchase might only be 100.00.

Even without the rebate I really like the top.

Sponsored

KDR83

First Name
Krystian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered mine in April and got my rebate about a week ago

OP
OP

Oak

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
realtor
Ordered mine in April and got my rebate about a week ago
I still can't get them to respond. At least I live close and can go to their offices and try and get a real person. Their customer service/sales is a joke. They never answer or respond. It looks like the last Bestop item I ever buy.

How do they get away with scamming people when they intentionally mislead you.

OP
OP

Oak

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
realtor
Finally after a week was able to get through to Bestop. What a horrible company! They refuse to honor the rebate even knowing that they are misleading people with their website. So it makes more sense to them for me to return the top than for them to honor the rebate.

I did speak to Northridge 4x4 about the problem and they are working to make it right. Cudos to Northridge 4x4 - Last purchase from Bestop and warning to anyone considering buying anything from them.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Finally after a week was able to get through to Bestop. What a horrible company! They refuse to honor the rebate even knowing that they are misleading people with their website. So it makes more sense to them for me to return the top than for them to honor the rebate.

I did speak to Northridge 4x4 about the problem and they are working to make it right. Cudos to Northridge 4x4 - Last purchase from Bestop and warning to anyone considering buying anything from them.
Not trying to stir up trouble, but your original post acknowledges that the rebate form did not list the twill Sunrider. And the rebate page says "any qualifying soft top". If not listed, doesn't qualify. So I may have missed something, but why would you expect them to honor it?

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey Guys,
We did make a change to the part number on Sunrider for Hardtop. We are aware of this and will honor the new part number, of course. We have also alerted the rebate company that handles the rebates for us. There is a chance that if you send in the paperwork early on with a mismatch part number that you'll get declined and we'll help turn that around for you. Otherwise, you should be A-OK.
Sorry for all the confusion and for any difficulty in getting a hold of our Customer Service team. This is our busy season and we are admittedly backed up in that department.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Sponsored

OP
OP

Oak

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
realtor
Not trying to stir up trouble, but your original post acknowledges that the rebate form did not list the twill Sunrider. And the rebate page says "any qualifying soft top". If not listed, doesn't qualify. So I may have missed something, but why would you expect them to honor it?
When you order it it shows it qualifies. There isnt anything that says when you go from black diamond to twill that the rebate goes away.

Honestly after starting the order from the part on their page they should put a notice that if order a twill versus black diamond fabric there is no rebate.

We are not talking about different tops. They know this an issue because it has happened before. The only reason I upgraded was because of the rebate.

It would good to ensure a customer experience to place a warning notice during the ordering process.

Such an easy issue for them to avoid and they know people are likely to upgrade and they get out of honoring the rebate. I guess the customer should assume after starting with the item that qualifies that Bestop is going to find a way to get out of honoring the rebate. And they do! Fool me once shame on you...you won't fool me again.

Hopefully this thread will save others from the bestop game.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
When you order it it shows it qualifies. There isnt anything that says when you go from black diamond to twill that the rebate goes away.

Honestly after starting the order from the part on their page they should put a notice that if order a twill versus black diamond fabric there is no rebate.

We are not talking about different tops. They know this an issue because it has happened before. The only reason I upgraded was because of the rebate.

It would good to ensure a customer experience to place a warning notice during the ordering process.

Such an easy issue for them to avoid and they know people are likely to upgrade and they get out of honoring the rebate. I guess the customer should assume after starting with the item that qualifies that Bestop is going to find a way to get out of honoring the rebate. And they do! Fool me once shame on you...you won't fool me again.

Hopefully this thread will save others from the bestop game.
Was Lee's post of any help for your situation?

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Hey Guys,
We did make a change to the part number on Sunrider for Hardtop. We are aware of this and will honor the new part number, of course. We have also alerted the rebate company that handles the rebates for us. There is a chance that if you send in the paperwork early on with a mismatch part number that you'll get declined and we'll help turn that around for you. Otherwise, you should be A-OK.
Sorry for all the confusion and for any difficulty in getting a hold of our Customer Service team. This is our busy season and we are admittedly backed up in that department.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

My situation is someone different. When I ordered my Twil Sunrider...it was clear from reading the Bestop homepage that it was eligible for the $200 rebate. This was before your change...literally 3 days after I had already mailed in my rebate your webpage changed so that the Twil was not @$200.

-I bought mine from Quadratec on 4/10/2020...according to Bestop webpage Twil was @$200 rebate.
-It was delivered on 4/15/2020
-Mailed in the form (which I had printed on the 10th when I ordered the item)...again model # was listed as valid....along with requested receipt (printed straight from Quadratec website) and UPC cutout from box.
-around 6/25 i received a "declined" letter with reason given that I had not included the required receipt....which I did. Instead of wasting time...I went ahead and reprinted the receipt from my order page on Quadratec and mailed back the request info.

It is now 7/29 and I have not received anything. I have tried 3 times this week to speak to someone with no luck....just get put on what appears to be infinite hold.

So where is my rebate? Seriously it has been over 90 days. I fully expect that if/when I do get anything it will be another "decline" letter with some BS reason.

There simply is no excuse for this....even under current circumstances. I have delt with countless other companies thru the current pandemic and none have been remotely as slow and unresponsive as this.

I have used Bestop products for decades across many Jeeps....this will be the last time.

The Twil Sunrider is a fine product ...at ~$650 but not at ~$850.

Unfortunately I have installed it and have used it...so I am stuck...but lesson learned.

KDR83

First Name
Krystian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I still can't get them to respond. At least I live close and can go to their offices and try and get a real person. Their customer service/sales is a joke. They never answer or respond. It looks like the last Bestop item I ever buy.

How do they get away with scamming people when they intentionally mislead you.
They changed the rebate form from $200 to $100 before I got a chance to fill it out and it was not located on their past rebates on their website so I emailed them and they pretended like the $200 form for the Sunrider did not exist, luckily my vendor had a copy of the $200 rebate form he sent me, so I filled it out and I did get the $200 visa last week.

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
They changed the rebate form from $200 to $100 before I got a chance to fill it out and it was not located on their past rebates on their website so I emailed them and they pretended like the $200 form for the Sunrider did not exist, luckily my vendor had a copy of the $200 rebate form he sent me, so I filled it out and I did get the $200 visa last week.
I am not sure when the part # changed. I think the new part# is 52454-17

But when I bought mine the part # was
52452-17

I downloaded the Rebate form the day I ordered: 4/10/2020
Jeep Gladiator Bestop Rebate Looks Like A Nightmare To Get My Refund 1596050279491

Jeep Gladiator Bestop Rebate Looks Like A Nightmare To Get My Refund 1596049964925

Jeep Gladiator Bestop Rebate Looks Like A Nightmare To Get My Refund 1596050064325
Sponsored