Bestop Sunrider/ Hardtop removal

Salmanilla

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
I am considering the purchase of a Bestop Sunrider for my JTR. Wondering if it is possible to remove the hardtop after the Sunrider installation?

Has anyone done this?

Sal
Sponsored

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I am considering the purchase of a Bestop Sunrider for my JTR. Wondering if it is possible to remove the hardtop after the Sunrider installation?

Has anyone done this?

Sal
I have it & almost Certain it needs to be removed with the top hopefully you can leave those little cables attached.

DougM55

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Not sure about the sunrider but I had the Black Forest Throwback for my JK and you can use it as a bikini top with the hardtop removed. As a bikini it could still be flipped back for an open air experience.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
You CAN install the Sunrider after removing the hard top first. That's the only way. But, it is not recommended because two of the six mounting screws for the Sunrider actually go into a bracket that is fastened to the center of the hard top. Therefore, you would lose significant stability for the Sunrider in the wind as you drive down the road.

DougM55

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
The 6 attachment points were the same for the Throwback (looks like they may be discontinuing their Jeep products).

I used metal spacers and fender washers the thickness of the hardtop to make up the gap and still used those 2 attachment points above the speaker bar.
Sponsored