Better gas mileage than expected??

RedOverland

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I am seeing 25mpg as my average fuel economy. Anyone getting this? I have a bed cover and most miles have been highway, but this beats the economy shown on the sticker. I calculate about 1 mpg less when I fill up the tank, so 25 mpg might be a little higher than the actual fuel economy.
Jeep Gladiator Better gas mileage than expected?? D92F560C-539E-474C-93C5-B721BB321AAA
Sponsored

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Best so far for me is 17 highway…ugh. Stock Rubicon. Not heavy on the skinny pedal either. Maybe California gas?
Mine is same as yours and I used 87 octane. Must be those painted fenders. 🤔

Dmc

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Retired
I’m avg 18 on my stock Mojave. I still have less than a 1000 miles on and mostly in town driving. Hopefully it will get a little better, but even on the highway I don’t see 25 mpg.

and my fenders are not painted.

Sponsored

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
I can hit 20 on the highway if I don't run over 65. Over all I average 18. Sport S auto with Rubicon take off wheels and tires 20K.

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
I simply don't trust the onboard computations for MPG....I am using a phone app called Fuelly and I think it's much more accurate. You might try an app, or calculate it manually, and see if the computer in the JT is giving you accurate numbers.

Tufelhundin

First Name
Windsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S “sold”, 2022 JTR
Occupation
Gov
Best so far for me is 17 highway…ugh. Stock Rubicon. Not heavy on the skinny pedal either. Maybe California gas?
I got the same with stock Sport S. It may be the gas but that means we are getting your gas as well?

I figured it was the stingrey paint… I was thinking the paint cost a dollar per pound via the price on the window sticker.

It seems
White paint is fairly light if that the case 🤔

Papa Jawa

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BL & Rubi Recon, 99 Miata
I’m avg 18 on my stock Mojave. I still have less than a 1000 miles on and mostly in town driving. Hopefully it will get a little better, but even on the highway I don’t see 25 mpg.

and my fenders are not painted.
Even trying to keep my driving habits chill I never saw more than a combined 16. I get 14-15 driving it however the hell I want.

Sponsored

Fortus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I am seeing 25mpg as my average fuel economy. Anyone getting this? I have a bed cover and most miles have been highway, but this beats the economy shown on the sticker. I calculate about 1 mpg less when I fill up the tank, so 25 mpg might be a little higher than the actual fuel economy.
25mpg seems pretty impossible for my Gladiator. What octane gas do you use?

OP
OP

RedOverland

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
25mpg seems pretty impossible for my Gladiator. What octane gas do you use?
I’ve always used 87 octane. I plan to try higher octane at some point just to see what happens. I think the bed cover, mostly highway driving, Overland gearing, and softtop help. I have a manual, but I assume the gear ratio is similar with the auto.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Around 18mpg mixed driving, 13.8mpg towing about 3k lbs.
Sponsored