Sponsored

Better incentives in February on leftover 23s?

Eggy99

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator
In the market for a gladiator sport s.. I’ve been watching inventory levels 15,000 plus 23s left and 100 or so 22s..looks like on average about 100 gladiators sell a day… I know dealers can only discount so much in my area Indiana the 15% manufacturers rebate and a additional dealer 5% seems to be the common and best deal .. shouldn’t Jeep help move these leftovers with bettter incentives in February or? Thoughts? That inventory level should be concerning to Jeep with 24s rolling in now… but now or wait? I think I’m waiting…
Sponsored

Aj58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I don’t see Jeep increasing the 15% as they’ve been keeping it at 15 for
Months.

the dealers on the other hand have been increasing what they are taking off. There’s been a couple going up to 30% but the average total deal I’ve been seeing was around 22%.

it also depends on the model, higher models like rubis and Mojave have more room for discounts than a sport.

OP
OP

Eggy99

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator
That’s very true. I just think the 15,000 units still on lots seems very high? Maybe I'm wrong..

OP
OP

Eggy99

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator
Yes I'm absolutely ok with that… As someone new to Jeep I’m just surprised at how much inventory is available in 24 on 23 models..,

Sponsored

OP
OP

Eggy99

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator
And me
My friend

BlackRuby23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I just bought one. Here are the numbers:

2023 Gladiator Rubicon
$46,478 cash price, which included a GPS tracking device for $800 and all dealer fees
MSRP $62,210
25.3% off msrp

I found dealers offering even better deals, but then they were trying to tack on a bunch of stuff after. I decided that this was close to the best I was going to do, and I needed a new vehicle as my truck took a shit and was not going to be fixed soon enough.

I am very happy with the price given the shenanigans of the past several years. Over 25% off this soon after the biggest price gouging in history seems a steal. Could the prices get better on the 23s? Absolutely. Was I willing to risk waiting for another 5% or so? No. The number of 23s left on the lots in the Rubicon trim around me were thinning rapidly.

Good luck.

OP
OP

Eggy99

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator
Yes I have seen a few dealers give the manufacturers 15% then dealers 10% for the 25% but add junk fees, trade and finance stipulations. Looks like you did well… I actually have a few 22s around me as well.. but for whatever weird reason they are priced higher.. IDK.. I’ll probably wait and see after these incentives expire on the 31st

BlackRuby23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Yes I have seen a few dealers give the manufacturers 15% then dealers 10% for the 25% but add junk fees, trade and finance stipulations. Looks like you did well… I actually have a few 22s around me as well.. but for whatever weird reason they are priced higher.. IDK.. I’ll probably wait and see after these incentives expire on the 31st
Right. I cannot stand car dealers. The sleaze level is off the charts. That being said, mine ended up being a good experience and I'd go back to them.

If you have time, and especially if you don't have to get financing through the dealer, I'd just start hitting them all with lowball offers until you get what you want. Ask for 35% off and see what happens. Maybe one will bite. I think they just want to move them.

I normally prefer to order my vehicles with the options I want. I had to sacrifice a little on that and settled a little. I did not get the cold weather group, nor did I get the color I wanted. But the price was right.

Sponsored

Mx113

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
You Just have thick skin and inquire at a lot of dealers. Probably have to move on several times before the right deal happens. That was my experience anyways. And it doesn’t bother me to make a deal with a dealer that I can’t stand. I’m not out looking to make a friend, I’m looking for a deal on a Gladiator🤣 I bought a wrangler from David Stanley in OK a couple of years ago. Hands down the worst group of people I’ve ever ran into in my life. It brought back memories of “Fargo” and the true coat scene. But I would buy from them again for the right deal.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
If you are flexible for certain option and not set on a limited run color, you have time. If not, time is not your friend.

OP
OP

Eggy99

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator
Looks like inventory levels on 23s went up by a few hundred with over 800 yet to be delivered…I inquired about a new 22 still out there but I could buy a 23 cheaper… IDK ..

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Looks like inventory levels on 23s went up by a few hundred with over 800 yet to be delivered…I inquired about a new 22 still out there but I could buy a 23 cheaper… IDK ..
My understanding is that Stellantis has given sizeable holdback money to the dealerships with remaining 22's to apply towards discounting to move them out. If the dealerships are not discounting them comparatively to 2023's, they are being greedy in hopes of eventual sale and better margins on them.

OP
OP

Eggy99

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator
I always thought they have to pay xxx amount of dollars in interest after so long for vehicles on lots…IDK I think Jeeps strategy for sales is wait and see…
Sponsored