Sponsored

Better incentives in February on leftover 23s?

BlackRuby23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Stellantis knows they have a problem. Exhibit A below just announced. Problem is how do they get rid of all these '23 Gladiators? Only way is price, whether it's reabte, finance deal, or combo of both...

1706818121062.jpeg
I don't think the problem will be getting rid of the 2023s, I think the problem will be selling the overpriced new vehicles moving forward. All of these manufacturers got greedy and completely lost sight of their customers' economic realities.

I can remember every one of them smiling on camera, saying they were enjoying the record high prices and would "protect margins" at almost any cost. Yeah? How'd that work out for ya'? Seems it's not working out very well for any, with total auto sales down in the dumps to 1970s levels.

I honestly believe the best prices on any vehicles are not here yet, and we have the mother of all mother auto price crashes coming. Had I not needed a different vehicle when I did, I would have waited on my Gladiator purchase. While I think the nearly 26% off before tt&l was good at this time, I imagine a situation where new model year vehicles are even a better bargain.

When I look at the prices of new Ram diesel trucks, I almost laugh out loud. It's absurd. I would never even consider buying one whether I could afford it or not. I plan on just keeping my old one forever at this rate.

Zybane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Occupation
Military Pilot
The one that I picked up was an early 2023 build special order that someone walked away from due to the fuel pump stop sale. None of the final edition "far out" diesel models had the ACC or front cam--i guess the trail cam is not an option with the matte black grill. Spent more than I wanted to, but I got exactly what I wanted--that's what's important. I hope the truck that arrives February is exactly what you want--and you are able to score it at a great price!!
Oh that's terrible the far-out diesels are missing those, just stopped my search for one.

Imagine a Farout JTRD with MSRP of $77K designed fir off road and doesn't even have a front trail cam. Jeep is smoking crack.

Mx113

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Stellantis was the greediest of all the manufacturers during Covid. They are paying for that greed now. I always have 2 or 3 diesel trucks on my farm. We’ve been using Ram trucks since 2012. We switched over to all Ford in 2022. Ram priced their selves out of the picture

JohnWick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S Max Tow
Maybe they’re hoping it will get people to pull the trigger thinking it’ll actually be over in 7 days.
The last one ended and then the President's Day sale was announced right after for another week of discounts.

With inventory sitting they'll no doubt do it again.

As far as some of the comments I'm seeing here on haggling, that is up to the individual buyer. I was able to get an additional 7.5% off in addition to the Jeep rebate and yeah there was possibly more there... but to me the value was there. Others might feel different. I'm not going round and round for 1 or 2 percent.

Sponsored

MaximusTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD, 23 Rubicon 392, 88 Samurai, 70 Chevelle
Build Thread
Link
Oh that's terrible the far-out diesels are missing those, just stopped my search for one.

Imagine a Farout JTRD with MSRP of $77K designed fir off road and doesn't even have a front trail cam. Jeep is smoking crack.
I was looking for a FarOut Edition as well and then I watched a walkaround video of one and realized that there is nothing special about it except for a FarOut badge on the Tailgate. Other than that there is nothing else that makes is any different than a regular diesel rubicon. Nothing on the interior that specifies that it is a FarOut edition or anything. I also agree that it this is an edition that is specifically for off-roading and it doesn't have the front trail cam and I also don't understand why you can't get the Satin Black Grill and the front trail cam it is one or the other.

rockman

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Any chance you think Jeep goes to 20% on the rebate tomorrow? It seems like the good picks sold already, and just some really overpriced gladiators left on the lots.
I am looking at a diesel rubicon, but it is just too much for me still at $48k.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Any chance you think Jeep goes to 20% on the rebate tomorrow?
I would say slim to none. Car makers average 5%-20% profit depending on model with trucks being more towards the higher end of that scale. Giving a 20% rebate will be pretty much a break even or even maybe a net loss depending on other factors of how they roll their numbers up with dealer hold back costs.

Sponsored

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
If you're going for a Rubicon or Mojave, don't let the tow package be a deal breaker. Unlike other trims, those two have the SAME tow rating with or without the tow package. It's very easy to add the alt, fan, and receiver. If you have Aux switches you already have the alt.

OP
OP

Eggy99

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator
I would say 15% with possible regional or model incentives on top… 13,500 units still available… sells are down to about 109 units or less a day… 130 day plus market supply…4 months … I noticed the Ram sure rebate’s change tomorrow too.. why I understand sells of 24s (Rams) are really struggling…idk…

Rubiron

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
I know I’ll buy a 23 and then kick myself when the 4xe comes out next year with 470lb-ft of torque and 375hp. Then again at what cost?

I don’t see them going below 15%. But I could see them adding in something else to make it even more enticing

OP
OP

Eggy99

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator
Maybe a good APR …. Idk 13,500 units is a lot left… still showing 200 22 units

OP
OP

Eggy99

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator
Car sales in general down currently? Lots in my area are packed full…
Sponsored