Beware: Scammer on this forum

BRAVOZULU9

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon; 2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Moderator: please move if I placed this in the wrong spot....

Members-beware of a Gladiator Forum member named 'Kingo99'. He sent me a private message (see photo) in response to a WTB post I made regarding Sting Gray Rubicon fender flares. I followed up with an email to the address sent to me in the message '[Scammer Email]' and got a text almost immediately. Strange use of English was the first tip something was amiss and a phone call went to a strange Google voice mail. I received a text asking for my address so he can 'kindly' ship 'right way'. A quick google search for this email address yielded a similar experience on the Porsche forums so I decided to share it here.

Man do I wish I could get this guy alone in a room for a while. What a dirt bag.

Anyhow, beware ladies and gents.
upload_2019-12-5_22-4-15.png

upload_2019-12-5_22-4-32.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
BRAVOZULU9

BRAVOZULU9

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon; 2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow

Members-beware of a Gladiator Forum member named 'Kingo99'. He sent me a private message (see photo) in response to a WTB post I made regarding Sting Gray Rubicon fender flares. I followed up with an email to the address sent to me in the message '[Scammer Email]' and got a text almost immediately. Strange use of English was the first tip something was amiss and a phone call went to a strange Google voice mail. I received a text asking for my address so he can 'kindly' ship 'right way'. A quick google search for this email address yielded a similar experience on the Porsche forums so I decided to share it here.

Man do I wish I could get this guy alone in a room for a while. What a dirt bag.

upload_2019-12-5_22-8-34.jpeg

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
When in doubt do a search for "forum spammer" and you'll find sites that track this. In fact, the site I run checks your IP and email addresses against such things before allowing people to join the forum.
Good catch, you saw the signs........

ColoradoGlad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon

BRAVOZULU9, I also had a WTB post for Rubicon fenders...… I received the exact same Private Message from the Member.
I didn't
I received the same email from this user... I had a WTB post for Fender Flares also..

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
Odd that the guy is targeting fender flares. I guess targeting a super niche market like that might make it difficult to track?

Sponsored

DauphinBoy

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
I just got scammed too over a $40 part.
Frustrating.

DauphinBoy

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
Caution to all on this forum, stay away from anyone using the following names, email address and Venmo account.

christopher holliday
bridgette barber
[email protected]
Venmo: @Bridgetteb1
Sponsored