Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow / 2005 Honda Accord Coupe w/ Air Suspension
Occupation
Owner of printing company
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,

I just got my Gladiator about a month ago. Lift, Wheels, and tires going on next month. I am very very new to offroading or even driving on a dirt trail.

I'm going up to Big Bear early Nov. and was wondering if you guys know of any EASY trail driving trails?
Sponsored

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tomb Raider Rubicon, 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
I would suggest 3n16 for a drive through Big Bear from near the Big Bear Discovery Center to the municipal dump. Just be careful if it there is weather while you are out there.

OP
OP
immaechu

immaechu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I would suggest 3n16 for a drive through Big Bear from near the Big Bear Discovery Center to the municipal dump. Just be careful if it there is weather while you are out there.
Is there a map of 3n16 online

Athena_JT

First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave Gladiator
You can find maps thru the all trails ap. Just took my 'as is' Mojave on White Mountain, pretty easy and great views of Lucerne Valley. I'd definitely travel with another vehicle.

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tomb Raider Rubicon, 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Because the National Forest is currently closed to visitors, the low desert has some easy trails that take the majority of a day. Berdoo Canyon Road into Joshua tree is open. Take the trail through the park to Old Dale road and up Gold Crown road to Hwy 62 for a full day of dirt.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
immaechu

immaechu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Because the National Forest is currently closed to visitors, the low desert has some easy trails that take the majority of a day. Berdoo Canyon Road into Joshua tree is open. Take the trail through the park to Old Dale road and up Gold Crown road to Get 62 for a full day of dirt.
Yea. Thanks a lot whoever had their gender reveal party. haha

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
Pioneertown to Bigbear or the other way. Also, tons of trails by Hanna flats

iGlad

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Website
socaljeepgladiatorowners.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT
Hi,

I just got my Gladiator about a month ago. Lift, Wheels, and tires going on next month. I am very very new to offroading or even driving on a dirt trail.

I'm going up to Big Bear early Nov. and was wondering if you guys know of any EASY trail driving trails?
I notice you are from Chino Hills.. me too! If you are ever interested in getting a group together let me know! I dont have much experience with local trails but always up for an adventure.

OP
OP
immaechu

immaechu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I notice you are from Chino Hills.. me too! If you are ever interested in getting a group together let me know! I dont have much experience with local trails but always up for an adventure.
PM'ed you

Sponsored

willemlock

First Name
Willem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator, 1998 TJ 1947, CJ2-A Willys
So a super easy but nice route at Big Bear would be to start at Fawnskin and take the 3N14, take a right to 3N12, take another right at 2N71. It splits shortly afterwards between the 2N71 and 3N80. The 3N80 is now closed further up the road so stay on the 2N71. From there you will get some nice views of the lake and this route joins the 2N09. From here continue straight on the 2N09 it eventually joins the 3N16. To the right is Holcomb Valley and to the left you can go all the way back to Green Valley Lake. If you head right there are plenty more easy trails. If you want to do some very basic rock climbs (no lift needed and stock tires) take a left on the 3N43. Up the front where the road splits keep left (3N43) the other side takes you to some camp grounds where people do rock climbing. This is a little trail with a small waterfall area that will give you some very basic rocks to crawl over in 4lo. It ends at the end of John Bull and you can climb out and look at the last obstacle of John Bull. From there you can take a left on the 3N10 and that will take you back to the 3N16. Best bet would be to get an app like GAIA and just start recording all your trails. That way you can make notes and continue exploring. There are some smaller trails coming off the 3N10 where people still have a go at finding gold but its a little more tight and expect pin stripes. As other people also said, if you head to Big Bear city you can take the 2N01 or 2N02 and then take that all the way to Pioneer Town. You will find some nice little obstacles on this route (all on the offshoots) where you can play and test your skills. Loads of old mines here to explore.

Have fun

OP
OP
immaechu

immaechu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So a super easy but nice route at Big Bear would be to start at Fawnskin and take the 3N14, take a right to 3N12, take another right at 2N71. It splits shortly afterwards between the 2N71 and 3N80. The 3N80 is now closed further up the road so stay on the 2N71. From there you will get some nice views of the lake and this route joins the 2N09. From here continue straight on the 2N09 it eventually joins the 3N16. To the right is Holcomb Valley and to the left you can go all the way back to Green Valley Lake. If you head right there are plenty more easy trails. If you want to do some very basic rock climbs (no lift needed and stock tires) take a left on the 3N43. Up the front where the road splits keep left (3N43) the other side takes you to some camp grounds where people do rock climbing. This is a little trail with a small waterfall area that will give you some very basic rocks to crawl over in 4lo. It ends at the end of John Bull and you can climb out and look at the last obstacle of John Bull. From there you can take a left on the 3N10 and that will take you back to the 3N16. Best bet would be to get an app like GAIA and just start recording all your trails. That way you can make notes and continue exploring. There are some smaller trails coming off the 3N10 where people still have a go at finding gold but its a little more tight and expect pin stripes. As other people also said, if you head to Big Bear city you can take the 2N01 or 2N02 and then take that all the way to Pioneer Town. You will find some nice little obstacles on this route (all on the offshoots) where you can play and test your skills. Loads of old mines here to explore.

Have fun

are there maps of this? or will I be looking for signs on the road

willemlock

First Name
Willem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator, 1998 TJ 1947, CJ2-A Willys
are there maps of this? or will I be looking for signs on the road
its all sign posted but sometimes its a little hard to see the posts. You can look at the maps here

Big Bear - Topo Maps, Trail Maps, and Satellite Imagery (gaiagps.com) (includes the slightly more difficult area to test your 4lo)

Big Bear City 2N02 - Topo Maps, Trail Maps, and Satellite Imagery (gaiagps.com)

Big Bear City 2N01 towards 2N02 - Topo Maps, Trail Maps, and Satellite Imagery (gaiagps.com)

These will get you used to the environment and get some feeling for how your Gladiator performs.

OP
OP
immaechu

immaechu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
its all sign posted but sometimes its a little hard to see the posts. You can look at the maps here

Big Bear - Topo Maps, Trail Maps, and Satellite Imagery (gaiagps.com) (includes the slightly more difficult area to test your 4lo)

Big Bear City 2N02 - Topo Maps, Trail Maps, and Satellite Imagery (gaiagps.com)

Big Bear City 2N01 towards 2N02 - Topo Maps, Trail Maps, and Satellite Imagery (gaiagps.com)

These will get you used to the environment and get some feeling for how your Gladiator performs.

Thanks!!!
Sponsored