Dave-in-RI

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.GrowMeaningful.com
Vehicle(s)
2010 Subaru Outback (trade-in for 4xe Gladiator)
Occupation
Nonprofit Organizational Development Consultant
Out of curiosity for price, I went on the Jeep builder to spec a bikini 4xe to lease (with intention to buy out after taking advantage of tax credit). To my disappointment and surprise, it does not allow the selection of half doors with bikini pearl— it removes it. Also, the half doors aren’t even available on some of the lower trims like Willy’s. UPDATE: Ok it’s a bit more nuanced. You can have bikini lowers with no uppers, but can’t get the premium uppers. Nor can you have lowers with a dual top group. So if you want the lowers, it’s soft top or body colored hardtop only.
Sponsored

DarthAWM

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Oilfield Service
From what I can gather Jeep's omissions and inclusions of some options with other options is quite confusing and somewhat random.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
yep, a glance through the ordering guide reveals all this BS. It's nonsense.

Same thing on the JT, there's one color where you can only get half doors with the rubicon trim, but not the half doors with uppers because reasons.

OP
OP
Dave-in-RI

Dave-in-RI

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.GrowMeaningful.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Is it that way if you go to order in person w/ a dealer, and just an online website glitch? Or is it actually that way no matter what?

Freems

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport 2022 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Retired
I went through this same bag of worms with them in 2009 when I ordered my new Rubi wrangler, on the half doors…two weeks later I gave up trying to rationalize their internal BS and lost interest trying to give them more money. A lot more money. A company that won’t take more money from a customer’s transaction is not paying attention and will eventually be displaced in the market. Oh wait, how many years have they been in third or fourth place the vehicle business? Built a quality product, service your products and pay attention to customers needs and wants…it’s not that difficult of and ask. Geez.

Sponsored

Freems

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport 2022 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Retired
On another update, thought I’d share…my 20 JT has some paint bubbling on the door hinges, 7 months ago I went to the dealer for a redo, they looked, took pics, and submitted to Jeep to approve the warranty work. Called them every two weeks waiting for approval…nothing back, nothing, just excuses. Finally the new collision manager calls and says we ordered your parts and it will be anywhere from 5-8 weeks before they get here. I gave this some thought for a couple of days and went to see him in person. Asked him to see the order form for the parts, nothing, just a shocked look on is face. He couldn’t find it…I went and found the manager for the dealership, took him back to meet the new guy, they traded stupid looks at each other…finally I told them they’re fired. I’ll sadly begin the effort to find a new dealership that will honor a vehicle warranty. A holes.

OP
OP
Dave-in-RI

Dave-in-RI

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.GrowMeaningful.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seemingly everyone is bad at their jobs now. What's worse, they don't even care.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
For some reason they love to do this, not offering the half doors with certain colors, or other nonsense. I will say the website is often wrong, so I'd look up the actual order guide if you're interested in them.

As for the dual top and half doors together, you can't order that, On the Gladiator the dual top takes up the entire bed, as do the half doors, so it's an either or thing. Same is true on the Wrangler, either one takes up so much room that you can't get the other one in there too. Your best bet if you want both is to order it with the dual doors, then pickup the soft top later. They are much easier and cheaper to get after the fact than the doors. I have both tops and both doors, and wouldn't have it any other way.

Jeep Gladiator Bikini Half Doors (Wrangler builder) AFBC2376-272D-47A3-B64C-B2E35071D5CE
Sponsored