Markpod7

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
What are you guys running for bikini tops? Looking for one for the summer
Seems like a lot of good options but whats really good out there?!
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't got one yet but plan on it. Had one of the Alien shades and spider shades for my JKU. I like the one piece vs 2 separate pieces. Both are about as good as the other. Bought the Alien shade in black and was given the spidershade in a blue color. For the price you can't go wrong with the Alien Shade IMO!

Alien Sunshade Jeep Gladiator Sun Shade (2018-Current)- Full Length Mesh Sunshade for Jeep Gladiator 4 Door, Reduces Wind & Noise – Universal Fit for Jeep Gladiator Accessories - (Gray) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B094DLFKHN/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_Z4YGRP947WTEGPTGPQ33?psc=1

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
I prefer solid tops to shades. The shades don't do you much good if there's a pop-up rain shower.

I tried the Mopar top, but it was flappy at anything over 35 and wouldn't stay in place like it should.

Next, I went to the Bestop extended safari top. I had one on my JKU and loved it. The Gladiator version is just as good. You get some flap noise, but it stays in place even at highway speed.
https://www.bestop.com/products/hea...i-top-jeep-2020-2022-gladiator-black-diamond/

Sponsored

DocMcStuffins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
I went with the Mastertop Bimini plus dustcover top. The back piece supposedly blocks wind/dust from the back, as well as sun off the rear passengers. I haven't used it on the trails and haven't sat in back while driving so don't know how effective it is. One thing is that the rear piece attaches to the top with velcro and comes off while tightening at times. Also had a buckle break but Mastertop took care of it without issue.

tempImageeaHO7T.png

JAVIERGONZO

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Navy
I second the Master top. I have one and use it over my best top bikini top all day, because it's faster to install and Uninstall. Because it's all straps. No windshield header required.

JackalopeSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I got a 4 door JK spider web shade so it will go behind the rear passengers and its $100. When I put the top back on I just bunch it up by the sound bar.

COmtnbiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ; 2022 Sport S JT
Also looking at the Mastertop Bimini Plus after researching last week. (Want full shade bc sun is intense in CO). Glad a few members above also recommended here.

Question: @DocMcStuffins Does the rear wind guard stop wind buffeting?

Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
OP
OP
Markpod7

Markpod7

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I like the web shades but something to keep the water off you as well looks like mastertop or best top are the top 2 choices

OP
OP
Markpod7

Markpod7

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I second the Master top. I have one and use it over my best top bikini top all day, because it's faster to install and Uninstall. Because it's all straps. No windshield header required.
Twill or black diamond? Keeps it pretty dry?

FloridaMan655321

First Name
Lieutenant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1973 F-100 - both manual
Occupation
Lieutenant (not really)
Question I have one all these options provided. Are any capable of staying on while you have the hard top on? I kind of want one, but I don't want to have to keep taking it off every time I put the actual top back on.

DocMcStuffins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Also looking at the Mastertop Bimini Plus after researching last week. (Want full shade bc sun is intense in CO). Glad a few members above also recommended here.

Question: @DocMcStuffins Does the rear wind guard stop wind buffeting?
Not 100% sure as I have never ridden in the back. I have had the rear off this past week secondary to a broken buckle and don’t notice much difference in the front. Maybe a little more flapping/buffeting??? I did get caught in a light rain and it was ok unless rain came in from the sides as I have doors off? 🤣
Sponsored