Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Im about to pull the trigger on replacing my fox 2.0s.

I found these bilstein 5100s and im pretty sure they're the "right" ones. but would like to be sure.

https://www.suspensionlifts.com/sho...AmsKYlZdlzsQfQNYbwZ7gl6oF2u5Iw91WSQXCPSE-Gg3E

I have a 2in spacer lift and my current fox shocks are for a 2in lift. So im thinking these should fit.

Im also beating around the idea of the falcon shocks but the price difference is staggering.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/terafle...s-jeep-gladiator-jt/monotube-14-02-21-400-200
Sponsored

TomH

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
IT
I just bought some for the front a couple of months ago. Pretty good shock for the money.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
I can double check what Bilstein 5100 shocks I am running with my Clayton 2.5" coils when I get home in a couple hours.

I bought mine through Kolak Performance. Nick is a really good guy to deal with. Great prices and service. He's been a Bilstein dealer forever and probably knows Bilstein part #s and lengths off the top of his head.

TomH

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
IT
Yes those will work with the current lift you are running.

Sponsored

steveorama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I’m glad you posted about this as I’m considering between the Fox 2.0 and the Bilstein 5100s right now myself. I have Rubi takeoffs and I’ve never been very happy with the ride. What’s your reason for ditching the Foxs and liking at the Bilstein? From everything I’ve read the Bilsteins are firmer is the biggest difference.

OP
OP
Gren71

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I’m glad you posted about this as I’m considering between the Fox 2.0 and the Bilstein 5100s right now myself. I have Rubi takeoffs and I’ve never been very happy with the ride. What’s your reason for ditching the Foxs and liking at the Bilstein? From everything I’ve read the Bilsteins are firmer is the biggest difference.
primarily that i got my fox shocks used and feel like they’re on their way out. I have more body lean than i used to. I watched a couple videos that say the foxs last around 50,000. Which mine are near.

what lead me to the billsteins is a couple things.

-Ive seen a video that said they’re valved “different” to create more pressure at the beginning of their compression. With the intention of having more damper on normal driving.

-a mess of members here run them and extoll their benefits.

-their price is affordable compared to others

-ive seen and read of them lasting 75,000+ miles.

irish_love

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I have them with my AEV Dual Sport lift. I love them. The ride difference from the factor Rubicon Fox shocks to these are night and day. My wife and kids get car sick all the time, with the factor suspension it was really bad, with the AEV and the Bilstein 5100s its more tolerable for them.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
I have them with my AEV Dual Sport lift. I love them. The ride difference from the factor Rubicon Fox shocks to these are night and day. My wife and kids get car sick all the time, with the factor suspension it was really bad, with the AEV and the Bilstein 5100s its more tolerable for them.
not to hyjack, but would you expand on the AEV please? what springs are you running? How much 'constant' weight are you loaded down with?

Sponsored

kaeo_15

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Don’t get the Fox 2.0s if you don’t like the Rubi takeoffs. I went from factory Rubi to Fox 2.0 and wasn’t happy at all. I also went digressive (Icon 2.5 CDCV) and am much happier with the ride quality overall.

irish_love

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
not to hyjack, but would you expand on the AEV please? what springs are you running? How much 'constant' weight are you loaded down with?
I have the Standard Capacity springs with this kit. https://www.aev-conversions.com/product/jt-2-5-dualsport-rt-suspension/

Constant weight is a Warn bumper and Warn Winch with steel cable. Running 37s Toyo Open Country AT3.

Shortly after install.
Jeep Gladiator Bilstein 5100 PXL_20221015_231925672

Here it is with a small load of heavy firewood. Was a little wetter than I anticipated.

Jeep Gladiator Bilstein 5100 PXL_20221126_185116700

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
I have the Standard Capacity springs with this kit. https://www.aev-conversions.com/product/jt-2-5-dualsport-rt-suspension/

Constant weight is a Warn bumper and Warn Winch with steel cable. Running 37s Toyo Open Country AT3.

Shortly after install.

Here it is with a small load of heavy firewood. Was a little wetter than I anticipated.

How does it ride with that full load of firewood? Based on that pic I probably will need their HD springs. I'm assuming that load of wood was probably 200-300 pounds?

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Don’t get the Fox 2.0s if you don’t like the Rubi takeoffs. I went from factory Rubi to Fox 2.0 and wasn’t happy at all. I also went digressive (Icon 2.5 CDCV) and am much happier with the ride quality overall.
I thought the 2.0's were supposed to be a tad stiffer than the Rubi stock fox shocks?

kaeo_15

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I thought the 2.0's were supposed to be a tad stiffer than the Rubi stock fox shocks?
This wasn’t my experience, but I do know quite a few people like them/run them. They were soft and bouncy for me. I don’t have much weight, ~125 pounds both front and rear. Couldn’t deal with them after a while and didn’t want to go Fox 2.5 or 3.0 if they were gonna be similar. Digressive is a much better option for my likes.
Sponsored