Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Constultant
Considering a HD Drag Link and Tie Rod. I liked the Steer Smarts but read a few bad reviews so I am not sure now. I love my Clayton components but they don't make them. I have a JKS Track bar that I really like as well, I had picked it up new in box on FBM and seemed about the same as the Clayton so I just left it on when I installed the Clayton lift.

Anyone have any personal experience with a brand they like? I already have a Fox 2.0 steering stabilizer and bought a HD Track bar mount but waiting to decide on the remaining steering components before I install it.
Sponsored

John in the Woods

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Semi-retired noisemaker
Watching used parts market daily paid off with a OEM steel bumper. I had picked up the Bulldog winch plate a while back used but brand new in box. Added the Badland Harbor Freight Winch. It was a good weekend!

One thing that remains to figure out is how to fix the free spool lever on the winch. I don't want to cut it so if anyone has an idea then I am open.
IMG_2835.JPEG
Looks good. I had to cut mine. Small trim did it. No problems since.

OP
OP
Batlou

Batlou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Constultant
New Tent is installed. I am loving the black out fabric for sleeping. Got in and buttoned it all up and very little light got through. Fabric seems a bit thicker, maybe keep some of the noise out or in. 😜

Jeep Gladiator Loretta (Rubicon Diesel) IMG_2939.JPEG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Batlou

Batlou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Constultant
The tent is a CVT Mt Hood tent (medium). I also removed the included mattress and bought an Exped Duo 15 Mattress to replace it. While I have not slept on it yet testing it out, it feels 1000X better than the thing ones that most tent builders use. I am a side sleeper so I need some support around the hip. The tent included a moisture barrier which I did not realize which is amazing. Added some string lights (Amazon) and cheap bedding(walmart) to the interior as well.

Jeep Gladiator Loretta (Rubicon Diesel) IMG_2936.JPEG

Jeep Gladiator Loretta (Rubicon Diesel) IMG_2937.JPEG

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
Considering a HD Drag Link and Tie Rod. I liked the Steer Smarts but read a few bad reviews so I am not sure now. I love my Clayton components but they don't make them. I have a JKS Track bar that I really like as well, I had picked it up new in box on FBM and seemed about the same as the Clayton so I just left it on when I installed the Clayton lift.

Anyone have any personal experience with a brand they like? I already have a Fox 2.0 steering stabilizer and bought a HD Track bar mount but waiting to decide on the remaining steering components before I install it.
I have the Steer Smarts Yeti XD Adjustable Track Bar on my '21 JTRD and it works well. My Rubicon has the Mopar 2" lift, Jeep Bead Lock wheels, and 37" Patagonia M/T 02s. I also added the FOX Factory Race Series 2.0 ATS Stabilizer, and Mopar Performance Rock Rails.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Batlou

Batlou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Constultant
Just ran across the Rusty's Offroad Steering system. Incudes the Tie Rod, Drag Link and Steering Stabilizer relocation mount. Anyone have any experience with this brand?

Rusty's Offroad Steering System

OP
OP
Batlou

Batlou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Constultant
I have the Steer Smarts Yeti XD Adjustable Track Bar on my '21 JTRD and it works well. My Rubicon has the Mopar 2" lift, Jeep Bead Lock wheels, and 37" Patagonia M/T 02s. I also added the FOX Factory Race Series 2.0 ATS Stabilizer, and Mopar Performance Rock Rails.
Thanks for the feedback, I have a JKS track bar and that made big difference. I feel like adding the HD mounting bracket will help as well. Running a Clayton Overland Plus 2.5" lift with 37's. For some reason I am surprised it drives like a Jeep with a lift and giant tires. Haha

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
Just ran across the Rusty's Offroad Steering system. Incudes the Tie Rod, Drag Link and Steering Stabilizer relocation mount. Anyone have any experience with this brand?

Rusty's Offroad Steering System
Definitely go aluminum over steel/chromo… 🍺 Rusty’s makes fine stuff.

OP
OP
Batlou

Batlou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Constultant
Yeah, I am really liking this one from Rusty's for 899. All aluminum HD, seems like a good buy. Install seems pretty straight forward as well.

Rusty's Aluminum Steering System

ToJTornottoJT

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1997 Jeep XJ
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser/Broker
@Batlou Great Build!!

I recently saw the RPM steering setup. They are local here in AZ. I have never heard of them before, but it looked beefy. Aluminum crossbars. On my XJ I have an old Teraflex system that is made out of hexagonal aluminum crossbars. When I smash it into a rock it just bounces back into place instead of bending, I am not sure if the RPM stuff will do the same or not.

Sponsored

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
@Batlou Great Build!!

I recently saw the RPM steering setup. They are local here in AZ. I have never heard of them before, but it looked beefy. Aluminum crossbars. On my XJ I have an old Teraflex system that is made out of hexagonal aluminum crossbars. When I smash it into a rock it just bounces back into place instead of bending, I am not sure if the RPM stuff will do the same or not.
Doetsch Off Road makes a great set-up too, and are also in AZ. I used this on one of my JKs but have not replaced this on the JT...yet.

https://doetschoffroad.com/products...5-aluminum-tie-rod-and-drag-link-steering-kit

OP
OP
Batlou

Batlou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Constultant
Got her out in the woods last weekend. Was hoping to explore some new trails but ran short on time so we hustled up and ran a couple of known trails so we could back quickly. As always, she performed great. A couple of bigger drops than expected and drug the ass end. Also caught my awning on a cut tree limb and tore the cover a bit (completely my fault)>

Jeep Gladiator Loretta (Rubicon Diesel) IMG_3024[1].JPEG

OP
OP
Batlou

Batlou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Constultant
Jeep Gladiator Loretta (Rubicon Diesel) IMG_5010
Jeep Gladiator Loretta (Rubicon Diesel) IMG_5013
Jeep Gladiator Loretta (Rubicon Diesel) IMG_5017
Updating with some newly installed items. Picked up 4KC Slimlite LEDs and installed the Lasfit control panel. Love the new lights and the Lasfit looks like it was installed from the factory and super simple to install.

OP
OP
Batlou

Batlou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Constultant
Finally got the fridge slide from American Adventure Labs installed along with a few other items. Bed of truck is getting much more organized.
Sponsored