Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Constultant
I traded in my fully built out 2018 Tacoma for the Gladiator because I really wanted something with more power. Landed on a 2022 Black Gladiator w/Diesel. So glad I swapped. Torque to spare and looks badass.

So far I have added a simple 1.5 Leveling Kit from Teraflex. I cannot decide on the proper lift kit so I went easy and cheap until I get it loaded down and then I can get a better idea of how much sag I am getting in the rear. The 1.5 allowed me to stuff some 37's under it right away and so far no rubbing.

I went with Icon Rebound wheels and 37" Falcon Wildpeak AT3W Tires (Kind of 2nd guessing why I didn't go with the MT's in the same brand).

2 weeks ago I drove down to NC and had them add a Alu-Cab Canopy to it.

I have a setup of rock sliders to put on in my garage and a few other odds and ends. Also just ordered a Overland Pros 270 Awning, will update with new photo's when that gets here.

304792232_10160010932509491_5991710803460531481_n.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Batlou

Batlou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Constultant
I agree, at least not hard. They mount exactly like the factory rubicon rails I took off so I assume they will hold off some damage but anything hard is going to crinkle that pinch seam.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Batlou

Batlou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Constultant
Got the awning installed tonight thanks to my lovely wife. Very happy with it, Overland Pro Wraptor 6K. Has a small issue with the cover but they said they would send another one to replace it so I am good with that.

60F6EA12-2B51-4C01-B6D8-4244FB869B21.jpeg

2D056037-00C9-450F-A4FC-E050835C82EF.jpeg

AB336DFD-1FBB-4C0E-B9E6-BFB90E67CF93.jpeg

OP
OP
Batlou

Batlou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Constultant
Definitely going to need a proper lift sooner rather than later. It’s already dragging ass and will get worse once I load up with gear.

OP
OP
Batlou

Batlou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Constultant
So I dropped my credit cards from my wallet and my 2 debit cards went right down the gap below the e-brake. Ugh...I guess I am going to have to remove the center console this weekend. I hate taking apart a brand new vehicle interior.

DiesMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubi Diesel
Occupation
Aircraft mech
Was going to say the front is not the problem running 37. The back is. Guess you figured that out already.

OP
OP
Batlou

Batlou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Constultant
First trip with the Gladiator. No off roading planned on this trip. Just some camping at Put In Bay Ohio. Gladiator did great but that back side is low low low with a full load of gear.

57803906-63C6-4146-9E4E-E8E58763AE05.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Batlou

Batlou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Constultant
Clayton Overland Plus 2.5” lift with HD rear springs and Fox 2.0 shocks installed. Net about 3” front and 3.5” rear. That is with about 500lbs of gear in the back. No doubt about it the @Clayton Off Road stuff is solid and should hold up to abuse.

Still need to get alignment done but feels OK so far. Getting a lot of shock feedback/chatter at Hwy speeds when I hit a hole or bump. Hoping the alignment will clear that up.

Jeep Gladiator Loretta (Rubicon Diesel) 8CE5B41E-5616-464A-852C-E1468ECE2FD8
Jeep Gladiator Loretta (Rubicon Diesel) 5386FD88-EFE9-4B60-82FB-ED8C423019A6

OP
OP
Batlou

Batlou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Constultant
A few things have changed, I did not care for the way that the Roof Top Tent opened on my truck. The build quality was nice but there were several steps to setting it up, which sucked when it was raining or crappy out.

That headed me down the path of looking at sleeping in the bed of the truck. I tried one of these Tailgate Shade Awnings but even with the larger size it was not big enough to wrap around everything so it went back.
Jeep Gladiator Loretta (Rubicon Diesel) 1678197120495

I then talked to the company Topper EZ Lift. This is an awesome product but I could not get it to work with the Alu-Cab topper. I believe it would have been a solid plan if I had a traditional fiberglass topper because of the way the base is designed. Nice people to work with and I probably could have had someone fabricate some brackets so that it worked with my truck but decided that it was more trouble than it was worth.

Jeep Gladiator Loretta (Rubicon Diesel) 1678197255299

Shopped around for a wedge style tent for the roof. I believe overall this is the best design for quick setup and takedown. Considered several different brands but ended up buying the CVT Mt Hood (medium). I add a review once I get it up on the roof and tested out.

Jeep Gladiator Loretta (Rubicon Diesel) 1678197477897

They had a clearance on some stock so I picked it up for 2K. One thing I like about this one over some of the competitors is that it has an awning on the back to allow keeping the window open in the back on rainy days so I am not suffocating.

Anyway, more to come.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Batlou

Batlou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Constultant
Tent came in and installed. The low profile cross bars from Alu-Cab presented some challenges in mounting it. Ended up putting the tent on the roof, disconnecting the Alu-Cab crossbars and setting the crossbars on blocks. This gave me about 4 inches of space to attach the clamps for the tent and then just lowered the crossbars back down and buttoned it all up.

Heading out in 2 weeks for some off roading, fishing, Mountain Biking and general debauchery. Looking forward to testing it out, in particular the blackout fabric on the tent. I also swapped out the mattress with an Exped duo 15 inflatable. I have only inflated it in house and gave it a quick test, the mattress is amazingly comfortable.

Jeep Gladiator Loretta (Rubicon Diesel) JeepwithTent

OP
OP
Batlou

Batlou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Constultant
BTW, don't be to hard on my crap step/sliders. I know they are not technically sliders and they are ugly as heck but I am short and they did take a pretty big hit a few weeks ago and survived. Saving to buy the RockSlide Engineering sliders with the drop down steps. My entire family is short so I need the step to get in comfortably.

OP
OP
Batlou

Batlou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Constultant
Watching used parts market daily paid off with a OEM steel bumper. I had picked up the Bulldog winch plate a while back used but brand new in box. Added the Badland Harbor Freight Winch. It was a good weekend!

One thing that remains to figure out is how to fix the free spool lever on the winch. I don't want to cut it so if anyone has an idea then I am open.
Jeep Gladiator Loretta (Rubicon Diesel) IMG_2835.JPEG
Sponsored