Threads
Reaction score
Website
kentuckyhotwheels.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 1968 VW Beetle
Occupation
IT Engineer
As I mentioned in a previous post, my roll bar was damaged (dented/paint chip) on the very end of one of the bars. They're sending me a replacement part, but that didn't prevent me from installing. I can replace the damaged part when it arrives. Love the way it fits, doesn't make the truck look too long. So far, impressed with the quality and fit. Takes about an hour to install, no drilling necessary. Still have to connect 3rd brake light and decide on a light bar or not. Maybe old school off road lights..
Jeep Gladiator Black Horse Roll Bar Installed 20200814_133319

Jeep Gladiator Black Horse Roll Bar Installed 20200814_133334

Jeep Gladiator Black Horse Roll Bar Installed 20200814_133346

Jeep Gladiator Black Horse Roll Bar Installed 20200814_133359
Sponsored

OP
OP
HouseofBoyd

HouseofBoyd

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kentuckyhotwheels.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Engineer

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great!! How was the install? Is that designed to mount into the cargo rail system if you had that as a option?
Looks like there is room for a tonneau cover to mount as well
Thanks for any info you can share
Todd

Sponsored

OP
OP
HouseofBoyd

HouseofBoyd

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kentuckyhotwheels.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Engineer
Looks great!! How was the install? Is that designed to mount into the cargo rail system if you had that as a option?
Looks like there is room for a tonneau cover to mount as well
Thanks for any info you can share
Todd
Yes, you can use this with or without the tonneau cover...

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, you can use this with or without the tonneau cover...
Do you have a cover you plan on using? I was told Tyger T3 tri fold will work this this blackhorse rollbar
Thank
Todd

YayMud!

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
car guru
I like the design of this roll bar. What are your thoughts after having it a little longer? Did you install a tonneau cover yet?

I have a soft roll tonneau that I think would work with this, but it looks like I would only be able to roll it up about 2/3 of the way. I could probably make that work. How long is the top of the mounting plate that the bottom of the bars mount to? I think this would give me an accurate measurement of how much roll up room I lose for my tonneau cover.

OP
OP
HouseofBoyd

HouseofBoyd

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kentuckyhotwheels.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Engineer
I like the design of this roll bar. What are your thoughts after having it a little longer? Did you install a tonneau cover yet?

I have a soft roll tonneau that I think would work with this, but it looks like I would only be able to roll it up about 2/3 of the way. I could probably make that work. How long is the top of the mounting plate that the bottom of the bars mount to? I think this would give me an accurate measurement of how much roll up room I lose for my tonneau cover.
I'll pm you a couple of links... :)

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Its about 27 1/2 inches. I have a tri fold and can fold up 2 of the 3 sections.
Jeep Gladiator Black Horse Roll Bar Installed tonneau cover

Sponsored

Jesnamy01

First Name
Jesse and Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2022 Gladiator Sport S
That really looks good on the truck!!

YayMud!

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
car guru
Its about 27 1/2 inches. I have a tri fold and can fold up 2 of the 3 sections.
Jeep Gladiator Black Horse Roll Bar Installed 20201222_160839
Thanks! Looks good. Is it easy to wire up the 3rd brake light?

I put 4- 6" LED spotlights forward and a 32" lightbar facing rear. Wired up to the auxiliary switches from the factory.

Nice! How well do the lights work on the roll bar being that far back from the front of the truck? Was it fairly easy to wire them up? I've been thinking about adding the aux switch kit from Mopar, but all the lights I look at don't seem much brighter than my headlights/foglights.

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! Looks good. Is it easy to wire up the 3rd brake light?

Thanks. I didn't wire up the 3rd brake light because its in the tailgate. I'll be putting on 4 KC 6" daylighters.
I had them on my ram rebel crew cab on a roll bar and the light was good and didn't reflect off the hood that much. They were spot vs flood so I got to direct the beam right where I wanted
Todd

PeteJLU

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
Firefighter
As I mentioned in a previous post, my roll bar was damaged (dented/paint chip) on the very end of one of the bars. They're sending me a replacement part, but that didn't prevent me from installing. I can replace the damaged part when it arrives. Love the way it fits, doesn't make the truck look too long. So far, impressed with the quality and fit. Takes about an hour to install, no drilling necessary. Still have to connect 3rd brake light and decide on a light bar or not. Maybe old school off road lights..

Did you ever hook-up the 3rd brake light provided in top of roll bar ? I ran provided wiring inside roll bar and now just have it tied off. Is there a location to best connect to existing brake light wiring ? I just finished install on my 2021 Gladiator High Altitude and looks terrific. I also have a hard Tonneau Mopar factory installed cover unit, and the Black Horse special bracket provided w/ their Part # RB09BK looks and works good. I can fold back two full panels on Tonneau cover, and just needed to buy 1' long strap extenders to secure cover in that position, with cover resting against roll bar posts (rubber part of cover is there so it doesn't scratch roll bar). You need someone w/ very small hands to install front-rear end cover M6 bolts.
Sponsored