Sponsored

Black Overland Mod Journal (updated 3/8/21)

rig14port

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Sales
I've been contemplating for weeks if I wanted to start a build journal on here and finally decided why the hell not. I'm loving this truck so I might as well show it off a bit and share my enjoyment of the customization process.

Traded in my loaded 2017 Crew Cab GMC Sierra 1500 for a black 2020 Overland that was somewhat bare but had pretty much all my must have upgrades - tan leather seats with leather trim throughout, premium audio group, LED lights, color match fenders and hard top. The other upgrades I planned to add aftermarket. Like most of the folks on here, I had aftermarket parts ordered before I even took delivery of the vehicle and only drove it stock for a couple days before taking it in for lift and tires.

This is my daily driver and I'm not planning to wheel it like crazy right away. There will definitely be trail riding, hunting club and mountain trips, camping, etc. but don't see much overlanding or rock crawling in my immediate future. Going for a sporty/aggressive look, but still want to keep it kind of classy. As for naming it... that's still in the works.

New posts will be added with each mod/ set of mods as they come. Thanks for your interest; hope you enjoy following along my build.

-Allen

Jeep Gladiator Black Overland Mod Journal (updated 3/8/21) jeep 1
Sponsored

OP
OP
rig14port

rig14port

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
First order of business was lift and tires to get the stance right - parts below. Also added a HotHeads Headliner Kit in Oak with sound strips and side panels to quiet things down and fancy up the look of the interior a bit since my wife gave me shit about that going away from the Sierra. Thought about changing wheels to the Black Rhino Armory Gunmetal but the Overland Stock wheels look really good and saved me some coin keeping them on for now - may change in the future

Mod List:
Skyjacker 2.5" Front, 1.5" Rear Long travel Spring Kit with M95 shocks (Part#G251PMLT)
Dick Cepek Trail Country EXP 295/70r18
JKS MFG Front Adjustable Track Bar JG1063

Jeep (2).jpg

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 1989 YJ
Occupation
Jeep Headliners
First order of business was lift and tires to get the stance right - parts below. Also added a HotHeads Headliner Kit in Oak with sound strips and side panels to quiet things down and fancy up the look of the interior a bit since my wife gave me shit about that going away from the Sierra. Thought about changing wheels to the Black Rhino Armory Gunmetal but the Overland Stock wheels look really good and saved me some coin keeping them on for now - may change in the future

Mod List:
Skyjacker 2.5" Front, 1.5" Rear Long travel Spring Kit with M95 shocks (Part#G251PMLT)
Dick Cepek Trail Country EXP 295/70r18
JKS MFG Front Adjustable Track Bar JG1063

Jeep Gladiator Black Overland Mod Journal (updated 3/8/21) Jeep (2)
Looks good! :like:

OP
OP
rig14port

rig14port

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Been a busy last month and lots of mods to report on - see below list.

IMO the Rancho Geometry Brackets have made the single most noticeable change in ride quality since the lift... night and day difference on how the truck handles bumps in the rode! The Falcon Steering Stabilizer and Shocks have also been a huge improvement in ride quality and handling. I was concerned about all the reviews about Falcon shocks being "stiff" or "firm", but this is absolutely not the case. The Synergy Disconnects are awesome too. I ordered the JKS but didn't like the idea of a spacer on the top and bottom to account for the offset in alignment of the sway bar and frame mounts. Settled on Synergy instead since they have the offset designed into the part itself. The Tie Rod end and mounting location/ design of the frame brackets seems better quality than alternative kits as well.

Still waiting on my Synthetic winch cable to get the Warn installed. Plenty more mods to come.

New Mods List:
Rancho Geometry Correction Brackets J138739
Rugged Ridge Venator Front Bumper w/ Arcus Override Bar 11549.42 & 11549.07
Bestop EZ-Roll Soft Tonneau 1928035
TeraFlex Nexus EF 2.1 Steering Stabilizer 09-02-21-110-000
TeraFlex Falcon SP2 2.1 Shocks 11-0221400-200
Synergy Quick Front Sway Bar Links w/ Quick Disconnect 8859-01
Warn Aluminum Hawse Fairlead & Hook Stay Backplate 87914 & 102222

11 (2).jpg

122.jpg

1888.jpg

OP
OP
rig14port

rig14port

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
The evolution continues... I've decided to swap out my Skyjacker coils for Synergy 3" Front and 2" rear coils. Also removed the geometry brackets and added Synergy Front Upper and Lower adjustable control arms. The Skyjacker springs were great but a little firmer than I like for my DD in the city with our crappy roads. The ride height ended up being exactly the same after the spring swap which was great! Also had to throw on some new wheels that gave a little more backspacing as the tires on the stock wheels rubbed the new control arms at full lock. Teraflex Rear Track Bar Axel Bracket and Warn winch installed also.

Really liking how things are starting to come together... just gotta settle on a name. ugh

New Mods List:
Synergy 3" Front, 2" Rear Springs 8863-30 & 8865-20
Synergy Front Upper and Lower Adjustable Control Arms 8853-01 & 8851-01
Teraflex Rear Track Bar Bracket TER1963600
Black Rhino Arsenal 18"x8" 5x127 1880ARS305127M71
Warn VR Evo 10

jj.jpg