Blanca Peak Colorado doable in JTRD?

Zybane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Occupation
Military Pilot
Heya, this is a close trail to me and curious if a JTRD on 37's, 3.5" lift and underbody armor would be able to do this 8/10 without huge risk?
Sponsored

nocoast_jt

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Heya, this is a close trail to me and curious if a JTRD on 37's, 3.5" lift and underbody armor would be able to do this 8/10 without huge risk?
What is your experience offroad? The trail is tough in sections and exposed. Jaws 1 will be the biggest challenge for you. The breakover angle on the JT will make it a bit a bit harder. You will definitely drag belly but should be able to get through it. Do you have adequate skids? The diesel filter being the thing I'd worry about most.

There are other obstacles after Jaws 1 but you should be fine after that...just take your time. When are you planning on running it? I'd be down if the timing is right.

Also, thanks for your service! 🇺🇸

OP
OP
Zybane

Zybane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Occupation
Military Pilot
What is your experience offroad? The trail is tough in sections and exposed. Jaws 1 will be the biggest challenge for you. The breakover angle on the JT will make it a bit a bit harder. You will definitely drag belly but should be able to get through it. Do you have adequate skids? The diesel filter being the thing I'd worry about most.

There are other obstacles after Jaws 1 but you should be fine after that...just take your time. When are you planning on running it? I'd be down if the timing is right.

Also, thanks for your service! 🇺🇸
Thanks for the post. I have quite a bit of off-road experience, but not in the JTRD. Ya I watched a video.. looks like Jaws 1 high-centers a lot of vehicles. I do have full skids and rock rails.

Looks like I may wait till summer as I'd like to go all the way to the top. :rock:
Sponsored