First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity
I just installed EVO 4.5 inch Enforcer lift kit. The lift kit is great but my blind spot detection sensor no longer picks up regular cars!!! After a bit of research I've learned that the blind spot monitoring sensor is actually in the rear lights housing and is now too high. It still picks up most trucks and SUV's though. What a bummer, the sensor has saved me so many times on the freeway when switching lanes. Anyone know if there is a way to adjust the angle of the sensor to point downward instead of directly across???
Sponsored

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
I just installed EVO 4.5 inch Enforcer lift kit. The lift kit is great but my blind spot detection sensor no longer picks up regular cars!!! After a bit of research I've learned that the blind spot monitoring sensor is actually in the rear lights housing and is now too high. It still picks up most trucks and SUV's though. What a bummer, the sensor has saved me so many times on the freeway when switching lanes. Anyone know if there is a way to adjust the angle of the sensor to point downward instead of directly across???
i have 4" lift and have not noticed a problem.. I do question why blind spot has saved you many time or if your just a bad driver. I have well over a million miles driven and never not seen whos in my mirrors! JS

OP
OP
bigcheeshead

bigcheeshead

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity
True that. I'm a horrible driver, been in 2 accidents in the past 50 years, waay too many. I'll have to be more careful from now on!!! So glad that there are people like you that point out our shortcomings. Thank you for your valuable, insightful & extremely respectful feedback "kooltoys".

Haley

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 1981 CJ8
Occupation
Landscaping
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0777JTJGJ

My first purchase. Put them in the top corner nearest the doors.

E: what happens around here is you're merging onto the highway, craning your neck to see if there's anyone in the near lane, and WHAM, the tool in front of you in the merge lane decides they're going to slow down for some reason. These things are literal life savers.

Jeep Gladiator Blind Spot monitoring and 4.5 lift kit BEWARE 41fPS1xIwXL._AC_SY1000_

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
True that. I'm a horrible driver, been in 2 accidents in the past 50 years, waay too many. I'll have to be more careful from now on!!! So glad that there are people like you that point out our shortcomings. Thank you for your valuable, insightful & extremely respectful feedback "kooltoys".
There are some people who tend to come up on you and "heel" or stick in your blind spot as if on purpose. It's not possible to see all things in mirrors at all times. When someone pops around you really fast (they are on your rear bumper, then you signal to change lanes and they literally mash it to race around you and get ahead) these things are quite helpful.
But good to know there are perfect humans out there with perfect vision and who have never had idiots rip around them to cut ahead. Glad to see that perfect humans actually exist.

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Well yeah... the BSM and the windshield sensor for adaptive cruise and forward collision just had all their assumptions thrown out the window.

You should be able to have the dealership recalibrate them but be ready to pay. Or, you could pay better attention and not rely so much on technology to replace a basic requisite of driving such a large vehicle.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
There are some people who tend to come up on you and "heel" or stick in your blind spot as if on purpose. It's not possible to see all things in mirrors at all times. When someone pops around you really fast (they are on your rear bumper, then you signal to change lanes and they literally mash it to race around you and get ahead) these things are quite helpful.
But good to know there are perfect humans out there with perfect vision and who have never had idiots rip around them to cut ahead. Glad to see that perfect humans actually exist.
I'll be honest, I don't buy it. I haven't had a rear-view since about a week after I bought the truck and with just the two mirrors I've never found myself unable to avoid others. Aim your side mirrors properly and all it takes is a little lean forward to see your blind spots. Too many people set them to catch the side of their vehicle and given the large fenders and small mirrors, this is a huge problem on a Jeep that creates massive blind spots.

Chance575

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Occupation
D
Find the sensor and move it down

and my evo 4.5 yielded me 6”

Haley

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 1981 CJ8
Occupation
Landscaping
Aim your side mirrors properly and all it takes is a little lean forward to see your blind spots.
I can't aim mine properly, they don't go out far enough.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be honest, I don't buy it. I haven't had a rear-view since about a week after I bought the truck and with just the two mirrors I've never found myself unable to avoid others. Aim your side mirrors properly and all it takes is a little lean forward to see your blind spots. Too many people set them to catch the side of their vehicle and given the large fenders and small mirrors, this is a huge problem on a Jeep that creates massive blind spots.
Another perfect driver, I see.
I've never set my mirrors to see my own truck or car. I don't want to see the side of my own vehicle. I'd only change to that if lining up in a tight spot (backing in) or some other special need. I'm not looking for how clean the fenders are.
Jeep JT mirrors could be a bit larger - a lot of people complain about how narrow they are. But then a product to resolve that has already been suggested in a prior post.
Again, glad to see some people have no issues at all seeing things and the mirrors are just great.
So I'm also not perfect or as good as others, I see.
You don't buy it - I guess that's too bad.
Since the schools stopped with "drivers ed" and the states have decided any idiot who wants a license can have one, and the number of those driving with no licenses has skyrocketed and the highways are more packed than ever with road-ragers, the technology is nice to have as a SECOND means of avoiding trouble.
No one is relying on it as a primary means of safety and yet mention these things and we get shit on left and right by those who say they have no purpose and there's no "need". Need, maybe not but sure nice to have.
Why do perfect people keep dissing and downing those who are less than perfect and happen to like that SECOND layer - not first or primary, but second layer.

Sponsored

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Even on my best day I’m a shoddy driver. I switched my driver side mirror to the Jeep convex one - saved me more than a few times! They should be mandatory.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Another perfect driver, I see.
I've never set my mirrors to see my own truck or car. I don't want to see the side of my own vehicle. I'd only change to that if lining up in a tight spot (backing in) or some other special need. I'm not looking for how clean the fenders are.
Jeep JT mirrors could be a bit larger - a lot of people complain about how narrow they are. But then a product to resolve that has already been suggested in a prior post.
Again, glad to see some people have no issues at all seeing things and the mirrors are just great.
So I'm also not perfect or as good as others, I see.
You don't buy it - I guess that's too bad.
Since the schools stopped with "drivers ed" and the states have decided any idiot who wants a license can have one, and the number of those driving with no licenses has skyrocketed and the highways are more packed than ever with road-ragers, the technology is nice to have as a SECOND means of avoiding trouble.
No one is relying on it as a primary means of safety and yet mention these things and we get shit on left and right by those who say they have no purpose and there's no "need". Need, maybe not but sure nice to have.
Why do perfect people keep dissing and downing those who are less than perfect and happen to like that SECOND layer - not first or primary, but second layer.
Nobody claimed to be perfect, but it's apparently a miracle we haven't been murdering each other for the past 90 years with how people act like these are essential. They are there as a last ditch safety measure but under no circumstances should people be relying on technology for something so basic.

If you can't tell where the vehicle is you have no business driving one. Go buy a Civic instead.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Nobody claimed to be perfect, but it's apparently a miracle we haven't been murdering each other for the past 90 years with how people act like these are essential. They are there as a last ditch safety measure but under no circumstances should people be relying on technology for something so basic.
Maybe where you live drivers are more civil. We see near accidents and brakes slammed on almost daily here and drivers cutting others off to the point of a driver taking to the shoulder to avoid a crash.
When I had my F250 - and it was RED - a woman driving a Hyundai decided she wanted to pass the car in front of her and move into the left lane. The problem was - I was in that left lane. The side of my truck rippled her car bumper to bumper.
In that case those safety things would have saved ME from an idiot who didn't look.
I suspect there's been other times I have been saved by someone else having them.
They exist, I want them on my vehicles and I want them to work. One never knows when you will be dealing with multiple things happening and miss something. Who knows, in a month your ass maybe would have been saved if you had them. But maybe you don't make mistakes. It's NOT about being great or bad drivers, it's about being human.
Someone someday will make a fool move right in front of you, or there'll be something you must avoid FAST and your only option will be a lane change - and you'll miss something.........

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
3” lift and no issues with those sensors. Now the sensors in the bumpers ....different story. New bumper....switched the sensors over and the rear sensors dont pick up anything.

Solution .....park sense turned off.