chorky

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Maybe it’s a regional thing? I didn’t order mine. I bought it brand new off the lot a day after they got it and i live in northern MN. Actually went to the dealership looking for a JLU but the JTM caught my eye.
Possibly . I live in Montana. Not unusual to see -20 temps

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm. I just checked where it goes behind the compressor and it's not there. I do have the cold weather package. According to the owners manual

"The engine block heater and heater cord are factory installed options. If your vehicle is not equipped, engine block heaters and heater cords are available from an authorized Mopar® dealer."

So I will have to ask my dealer if they can put one in. Darn. I was hoping it would have been in already. Taking apart new vehicles is not a fun thought.

EDIT : this statement was under the diesel section, my mistake. No statement about block heater mentioned in the gasser section. Parts department at Jeep said their system does not show a block heater for the 3.6
There is a block heater available. I ordered one from @AllMoparParts.com for my gas engine. Due to the amount of effort required, I have not installed it yet.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
It is my understanding that all Motori 3.0 diesels have the block heaters already installed from the factory. When ordering from Mopar factory, all you are getting is the cord for the $100 fee. You can but them all day for under $30. I bought the cord on line and installed it and saved the other $70.
This is how it was during the first model year JT diesels. Now, it is no longer included and has to be ordered.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired CRO
It is my understanding that all Motori 3.0 diesels have the block heaters already installed from the factory. When ordering from Mopar factory, all you are getting is the cord for the $100 fee. You can but them all day for under $30. I bought the cord on line and installed it and saved the other $70.
They dropped the block heater for the diesel in late '21. i tried to order one when i ordered my JTRD in Jan. The dealer said that Jeep dropped the option. I checked to see if I had the heater installed anyway. It's just a brass plug sitting there.

Butch-R-Vols

First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland 3.0 Diesel, 2011 Honda CRV
Occupation
Retired
Gotta make the all mighty dollar somehow, ya know. Must have figured they could charge twice as much for it if they made it an option. LOL