Sponsored

Blower Satisfaction?

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
I’ve come to the conclusion that hemi swap just doesn’t make financial sense for me. I just don’t have $30k+ to do it all properly. That said I do want more power so forced induction of some sort is my only option. For those who have done it, with whichever kit, we’re you, and are you still, satisfied with the result or is it just an intermediate step before doing the motor swap. I would hate to drop $10k and feel less than satisfied with the result. Yes, we always want more, but realistically, is a blower on the 3.6 worth the cost and does it scratch the itch?
Sponsored

MountainDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mohave
Occupation
Engineer
I'll give you an answer sometime next year after we get our 2022. Lol but we're looking at the edlbrocks.

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
I’ve come to the conclusion that hemi swap just doesn’t make financial sense for me. I just don’t have $30k+ to do it all properly. That said I do want more power so forced induction of some sort is my only option. For those who have done it, with whichever kit, we’re you, and are you still, satisfied with the result or is it just an intermediate step before doing the motor swap. I would hate to drop $10k and feel less than satisfied with the result. Yes, we always want more, but realistically, is a blower on the 3.6 worth the cost and does it scratch the itch?
I would suggest looking for someone with a supercharger that is willing to take you for a drive.

You especially want to pay attention to type.
-The centrifugal like Magnuson make additional power very low in the RPM band.
-The other type is basically a belt driven turbo. I won't talk to it's power band, but I know it is different.
What your needs are really depend on your driving style.

I will say the super unleaded fuel hurts each time I fill the fuel tank.

I love mine. It drives like a real truck now.
-I can pull out in traffic and I am not a hazard while I wait 30 seconds to reach speed.
-I no longer need to downshift on every overpass on the interstate.

The 2 best upgrades I did to my truck were installing a Magnuson and a Centerforce clutch.
Sponsored