Sponsored

Blue screen when backup camera comes on?

Wallen9

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Director
Anyone had the blue screen come up when they put their JT in reverse? Just got ours two weeks ago and just started today. Saw another post about disconnecting the battery but never saw a permanent fix for it.
TIA
Sponsored

CLM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon 3.0 Diesel Sting Gray
This is a common problem. Usually it fixes itself in a day or so. Don't disconnect the battery. Try a soft reset of the UConnect system as follows:

• Ensure your vehicle is in park and in “Run” mode (without starting engine)
  • Press and hold down the volume and tuner knob buttons at the same time.
  • Hold down the knobs for 10 – 20 seconds.
  • After holding down the knobs, the screen should flash your vehicle brand name and then go dark.
  • After a few moments the brand name will return, the system will reinitialize, and it will return you to the main UConnect screen.

CaptNkllm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Are you using a tazer? One of the settings did that to mine .. after I changed the setting it went back to normal.
If not try the reset mentioned above

OP
OP
Wallen9

Wallen9

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Director
Are you using a tazer? One of the settings did that to mine .. after I changed the setting it went back to normal.
If not try the reset mentioned above
Tazer?? Not following you there.

OP
OP
Wallen9

Wallen9

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Director
This is a common problem. Usually it fixes itself in a day or so. Don't disconnect the battery. Try a soft reset of the UConnect system as follows:

• After holding down the knobs, the screen should flash your vehicle brand name and then go dark.
  • After a few moments the brand name will return, the system will reinitialize, and it will return you to the main UConnect screen.
I tried this and it didn’t work. Will see how tomorrow goes and try it again if it doesn’t fix itself.

Sponsored

CaptNkllm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Tazer mini? Maybe you haven’t been on the forum long? Learned this one about an hour into it .

so my guess is you don’t have it.

OP
OP
Wallen9

Wallen9

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Director
Tazer mini? Maybe you haven’t been on the forum long? Learned this one about an hour into it .

so my guess is you don’t have it.
Not sure what that is. Haven’t been on the forum long and we are new to Jeep. This is the first one we’ve purchased.

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Blue screen not sure, but mine went black a few weeks ago. It reset itself overnight and worked fine.

JDMRN81

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Nurse Practitioner
Edit: I fixed it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wallen9

Wallen9

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Director
Mine still has the blue screen. Been 72 hours so guessing it’s not going to fix itself. Appointment made at dealership.

JDMRN81

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Nurse Practitioner
Mine still has the blue screen. Been 72 hours so guessing it’s not going to fix itself. Appointment made at dealership.
I used my JScan to deactivate and then (re)activate the camera. Came back 30 min later and now working again.

Sportsbiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Digital Experience Program Manager

I’m going to try this tomorrow. Just got my rig back from the dealer where they replaced both batteries (warranty) due to the known aux battery and ESS issue. Didn’t realize til I got home that neither camera is showing; rather I get this blue screen.

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold JLU Sport S for JTM, JL Willys Sport
Pull fuse 97 and reseat it. That will reset the UConnect and the backup camera should work again. I had a black screen and this method worked.

dmoralesbello

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, Hydro Blue Pearl
Occupation
Plastic Surgeon
21 Mojave with blue screens and "unavailable" message on front and backup cameras since yesterday afternoon after "playing" with Tazer settings. I've had the Tazer installed installed for almost 6 months and the cameras were working normally before. I've made sure that the camera setting is "enabled" but they're still not working. Someone mentioned a setting on the Tazer which can cause this problem but they did not specify which setting that is. Anyone with any info on this would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored